- New releases: Book Riot (best out this week), AAR (romance)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Maybe this is why everyone starts calling the One Ring their precious.
- Why LoTR is so comforting to watch.
- Ohhhh… (LoTR again).
- Very short ficlet.
- See what it looks like here in Minneapolis with all the snow.
- On beavers.
- Learn about Ada Lovelace, first computer programmer.
- Viz Media put some of their most popular anime up on YouTube for free.
- “Moment humpback whale thought it was a flying fish” (worth clicking through to the original article).
- Some thoughts on weight stigma.
- “ChatGPT is a blurry JPEG of the web“.
- I had never heard of Cartrivision before.
- Rather nice.
- I do like a good turret.
- I think these floors are cool, but they would also freak me out.
- Mushroom house.
- Blue, blue, your house is blue. Blue is your house…
- It has personality.
- As does this.
- “Looks a little scuzzy…“
- NOT a castle.
- And not what I think of when I think of A-frame houses.
- Who needs 18 bedrooms and 32 bathrooms?!
- A house on stilts in earthquake country.
- Is no one who designs ridiculous stairs clumsy??
- I don’t think Escher should be the inspiration for real life stairs.
- Button stairs.
- Well, I can see why they removed that from the real estate photos.
- The absolutely grossest way to separate eggs.
3 thoughts on “Linkity after 13+ inches (33 cm) of snow”
Yikes on that Seattle house! Hmmm. Trap door to unfinished basement, bars on windows of small room, suspicious stains in bathroom… must obviously be a murder house.
I still love that beaver thing on Tumblr! Also the “why we love LOTR” comments. Though I just started a re-read of LOTR via audiobook, so I listened to the intro stuff that I normally skip, and apparently Tolkien didn’t intend LOTR as a WW story, even though there’s no denying the impact it had on him.
That Visalia home is rather nice, but I suspect the comparatively low pricetag is because it’s in Visalia. I wouldn’t want to live out there, personally. Though it is a lovely place.
I am also partial to turrets, and that is an especially nice one. The water floors, though… I would definitely freak out (especially late at night or after drinking). But then again, the mushroom house would freak me out also.
Hi kitties! Such cuties.
A recent post from Nicole..Book Review: Carpe Jugulum (Terry Pratchett)
Omg yes, Lotr is comforting!!