- New releases: Tor.com (YA SFF), Smart Bitches (romance)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from BookWyrm Knits.
- On Theoden’s redemption arc in LotR.
- On special effects in LotR.
- On book Eowyn.
- A single paragraph on LotR that packs a lot of punch.
- A webcomic on trying to appease a volcano god.
- Unusual gryphons.
- “New covid variant just dropped, happy new year everyone“.
- “The coolest space images of 2022” and “The best spaceflight images of 2022“.
- Which US states legally consider Pluto a planet?
- Learn about mules.
- Pallas cat and kittens.
- Stop-motion video from the LEGO Group.
- A McDonald’s with a glass floor so you can view a Roman road plus skeletons.
- I can’t think of a good reason for this map.
- Bike desk that can charge devices with your biking power.
- “Which is the most ignored generation?“
- Calvin & Hobbes on resolutions.
- Castlesque house.
- And another.
- Not what I expected a house in the Bronx to look like!
- This feels more like an attraction than a house you’d actually live in.
- Very colorful.
- Decorating decisions were made.
- More decorating decisions were made.
- Extreme Christmas house.
- Too many statues house.
- Cleaning nightmare of a house.
- Only if you like the 1970s and religious murals.
- 1970s time capsule house.
- Safari house.
- House for car modification enthusiasts.
- Has a purple clawfoot bathtub.
- Colorful stairs.
- Artistically confusing stairs.
- Kitchen counters should never be part of the stairs.
- Death stairs.
- More death stairs.
- Stairs fit only for mountain goats.
- Terrifying bathroom floor.
It has been ridiculously snowy here in Minneapolis this week. I took the picture below on the morning of January 4th and it kept on snowing all day, into Thursday morning. We got around 15 inches/38 cm. UGH.
I knitted two pairs of socks for Xmas gifts and they were well received.
These were knitted from Meilenweit.
These were knitted from some ancient Regia.
Mayhem is still a lovely panther princess at 16.5 years old!
3 thoughts on “First linkity of 2023”
Some of the most interesting parts of “The Oregon Trail” by Rinker Buck were about mules. I learned quite a bit, including that George Washington is considered to be the “Father of the American Mule”. (He wasn’t the first to breed mules in America, but was the first to import large donkeys in order to breed larger, stronger mules.)
Hi kitties! Everyone is looking fabulous. 😀
I don’t believe that map! Honestly. Everyone knows New York is further north than Texas.
Good stuff about LOTR. Now I’m even more excited to re-read the trilogy this year than I had been before. (I bought the Andy Serkis narration, and I was already really looking forward to it.)
I love the stripy handknit socks! I don’t think I’ve knit anything from Meilenweit, but that yarn is really vibrant and pretty. (Regia, OTOH, is one of my all-time favorite sock yarns.)
Happy New Year!
A recent post from Nicole..WIP Wrap-up for December 2022 (and the year)
Awww Pallas cats