- New releases: AAR (romance), Smart Bitches (romance)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches. And more!
- A ficlet about the Bone Beach.
- On dragons in modern times.
- Lovely bookshop in the UK.
- The history behind “exit, pursued by a bear”.
- “If George RR Martin and Tolkien fought with sword and shield, who would win?“
- “What would Emily Dickinson do?“
- What if aliens kidnapped some humans for a zoo?
- Green is an inauspicious sky color.
- “Glass is actually a liquid”.
- On streets in Europe.
- On movies released in 1997.
- NASA retro concept art.
- I have walked by this property numerous times on my way to and from the Minnesota Center for Book Arts and have always wondered about it.
- Those spiky clocks sent me on a 70s flashback.
- It has rocks and trees.
- Round boat house.
- Bridge house.
- “Sleeve House”.
- Dome home.
- “Spite castle”.
- The interior of this “castle house” is very disappointing.
- Not the place to live if you require darkness to sleep.
- It has a slide.
- Comes with a butler [statue].
- Pool in the living room.
- Buy your own frontier town.
- Buy a home business in Alaska.
- Odd property in Alaska.
- Cabin of death.
- Too much taxidermy.
- So. Many. Questions.
- What a strange choice.
- Rent a spaceship home.
- A “Dead and Breakfast”.
- Can’t be unseen.
- I hate it.
- Compliantly confusing.
- The first one does look very sharp.
- Plain old confusing.
- I guess it sort of has a little bit of railing.
- I can definitely picture falling down those stairs and then going through the glass door at the bottom. 🙁
Mayhem, annoyed by Harry’s existence.
4 thoughts on “Linkity can’t believe it’s already time for the Minnesota State Fair”
Your kitties are so adorable. And I love the contrast of the orange sparkleball. 😉
I never knew that about “exit pursued by a bear.” That’s really cool… I had no idea it was referencing an ACTUAL bear, much less a polar bear cub. I also love both the dragon in the pool and the UK bookshop. Makes me want to plan a vacation centered solely around bookstores.
I LOVE the fic about humans in an alien zoo. And all three of those movies from ’97 that I didn’t realize had so much in common.
You know what? Even though I *CAN* taste the spoon more than the ice cream, I still want that ice cream. It is my perfect fudge ripple ice cream, and I haven’t been able to find any good substitute for it yet.
The Spite Castle is actually really neat-looking. The Chicago castle-house is not. I like some of the rooms in that house with the slide, but don’t like the primary bath much… it felt too cold. On the other hand, I like it better than that house in Texas with the pool in the living room, which felt more like a cheap motel/bar/thing.
I can’t imagine buying a frontier town… what would you do with all of it? Still better than that glass house, though. That’s a big nope. And all those houses with death stairs? Even bigger nope.
A recent post from Nicole..FO Friday: Vanilla Socks with Purple Sprinkles
I am generally not much for state fairs (or at least, not the one in our state), but I think the Minnesota one would be fun to visit.
I think the Disappointing Castle House was really just an enlarged version of the Tin Man’s Hat Rack. Yep, that’s what I think.
The human zoo one. Oh yes