- New releases: Tor.com (SF, fantasy, YA SFF), Smart Bitches (romance)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- “The bookish life of LeVar Burton“.
- “Who was Ida B. Wells?“
- Some interesting archaic English words.
- Fandoms as boats.
- “Tell me, Inspector, have you ever had dealings with an amateur detective? The real thing, I mean. The genuine Carrion Crow.“
- What would fanfic authors’ notes look like in a fantasy universe?
- “If you are using an online period tracker or tracking your cycles through your phone, get off it and delete your data . Now.” Here’s why.
- Here we go again. 🙁
- Learn more about wolverines.
- And more about the Chicxulub Impactor.
- Celestial ceilings.
- Daniel Radcliffe as Weird Al Yankovic.
- Wait, what were toothbrush bristles made of before nylon?! (EWWW – boar bristles.)
- Also a flashback.
- Flashback for those who watched the original Battlestar Galactica.
- Apple was stylin’ in 1982. Not.
- “Swing and miss, Ken“.
- Buy your very own third eye.
- But wait until after you look at this retina burner.
- I’m starting to feel grateful for every normal set of stairs I climb.
- I mean…
- Are railings too much to ask for?!
- Oh my.
- I hate the contrasting painted ceilings and the red room (“Red Rum”).
- Interesting, but maybe too much of a daycare vibe colorwise?
- That first photo misled me to the amount of orange I could expect.
- Just here for the rainbow stairs.
- Another castle.
- No, thank you, I do not want a basement cave.
- Here’s the creepy basement mentioned in the above.
- This gets progressively weirder as you scroll.
- Round houses are just so odd. Here’s another.
- Moth-shaped smoke alarms.
- What if Clippy was an angel?
- “Bad map projection: Madagascar”. (Hover cursor/long-press for caption.)
- Radioactive bananas.
Mayhem drowsing in a rare bit of sunshine.
Polly loves her some sparkleballs!
Lot going on in this one. Harry looking much less winsome (perhaps even sinister), with Polly sticking out her tongue in the background.
4 thoughts on “Linkity can see spring is nearly here!”
Soooo much in this one. We found a box of floppies at work.
So much fun to explain what they were to them that wasn’t there. Also, the carbon paper. What’s with the painted ceilings? Those steps, I’d be doing the hands on the riser in front of you crawl up most of them. I lived too long in cold climates – the first thing I thought when I saw the castle was “their heating bills have got to be killer”. We had the station wagon version of the Pinto – it was green. Soooooo much wrong with the slacks ad /shuddering/. Your cats are gorgeous – as usual.
I’d love the moth smoke detectors. I especially appreciate the humor in it being a Death’s Head Moth.
Oooh, “dwine” is a great word. I’ll have to remember that one. I like “ambiloquent” a lot, too.
I saw the trailer with Daniel Radcliffe as Weird Al over the weekend. OMG, so creepy how believable he is in that role! (And also, this is more proof that Dan is a better actor than a lot of people give him credit for.)
The rainbow stairs are fun, but the rest of that house is a nope for me. And I also do NOT want a basement cave. That looks creepy. The castle, though, is lovely… even if I would need to go in with several other families in order to have a hope of affording it.
A recent post from Nicole..#Wyrd&Wonder ~ Top 5 Forest Fantasy
Here forth I shall use downsteepey