- New releases: Tor.com (horror/genre-benders)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- “The most influential sci-fi books of all time“. ( I was delighted to see that Babel-17 made the list! If you’ve known me for longer than 10 minutes, it’s possible I’ve recommended that book to you…)
- In our next episode of Humans Are Weird, an alien babysitting.
- Weird facts about the human body.
- That had to be intentional, right?!
- “I like the poster’s implication that…“
- Some people get a little crazy with the Halloween decorations, ’tis true.
- :blink blink:
- :blink blink blink:
- Rice Krispies treat-flavored coffee creamer?!
- An amusing review of Brach’s turkey dinner-flavored candy corn.
- Corn Maze Gothic.
When Sorrows Come (October Daye #15) by Seanan McGuire. Was this the end of the series?! Including the novella, it sure felt like it could be the end.
The Last Oracle series, starting with The Book of Secrets, by Melissa McShane. Very good series about a woman who’s hired to work for an unusual bookstore and learns she’s now part of a magical world she had no idea existed.
Polly blep, with Harry looking out the window in the background.
Blurry Harry licking my ear (ewww), but it IS a very cute picture of his Halloween bow tie!
Polly’s pretty happy lap blanket season has returned.
3 thoughts on “Brief linkity of brevity”
I guess if you’re going to have a skeleton, it might as well be fun-fur.
There should be more Mcguire I think. I need to read the new one, but will wait for paperback
Those two blink blink linksâ€¦. Nope. Just nope.
I like that list of SFF books! And yes, you recommended Babel-17 to me, and I really enjoyed it! I havenâ€™t read a ton of the books on that list, but Iâ€™m glad Babel-17 (and Doomsday book, and Murderbot) made the list, too.
This is not the final Toby Daye book. There are still several yet to go! McGuire said that it was hard to get a good wedding ending that didnâ€™t feel like a series ender, so Iâ€™m not surprised that it feels like this could conclude the series. (I havenâ€™t read it yet. Kinda burned out on the series right now.)
A recent post from Nicole..Book Review: Scales and Sensibility (Stephanie Burgis)