It wasn’t a vacation – I had a surprise recurrence of the bursitis in my right hip after seven years and wasn’t very coherent until the steroid shot started to work. D’oh! Back today for a shot to help deal with the bursitis in my left hip, which I hadn’t had before. Apparently not terribly uncommon – my gait changed to accommodate my bunions over decades and then abruptly changed back again after surgery. My hips were not ok with that, lol! But physical therapy will help them adjust…
Oh! And I have now been with my employer (under the usual array of names that’s typical of telecom) for 25 years. 😮
- New releases: Tor.com (horror/genre-benders, YA SFF, fantasy, SF), Smart Bitches (romance)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches. And more!
- Linkity from Book Wyrm Knits.
- Cover snark from Smart Bitches.
- About the Ursula K Le Guin stamp.
- Maurice Sendak awwww.
- Fantasy as escapism.
- “Summer reading for conspiracy theorists“.
- “Fandom saves“.
- Faster than a speeding bullet… and then some.
- The spouse of a NASA flight controller weighs in on the feasibility of billionaires escaping earth.
- Cursed facts about the necks of seals.
- “How 4000 physicists gave a Vegas casino its worst week ever“.
- Crochet a winged snake.
- Strawberry pound cake. (via The Kitchn)
- Red velvet waffles with cream cheese glaze.
- The adventures of the caterpillar known as “chicken nugget”.
- “Antarctic” research stations, but on fantasy worlds.
- The Tragic 8-Ball.
- “Tiny TVs with working remotes that play clips from popular shows“.
- Little washing machine for glasses.
- :blink blink:
- WHA…….?! And EWWWWWW.
- “Terrifying magnetic mouth clamp“.
- “A spherical cat of uniform happiness“…
- Very curious about how much that dumbbell weighs!
- “What if Cerberus from Hades was a goose?“
- “What’s the weirdest thing you’ve done while your brain was on autopilot?” Please make sure you’re someone where you can laugh yourself silly before following this link!
Many, many things from Kindle Unlimited. Moving right along…