2020 things – I’ll be meeting members of my family in a centrally located parking lot to exchange boxes of gifts with each other in a masked and socially distanced fashion. :sigh:
- New releases: Smart Bitches (romance), Tor.com (horror/genre-benders)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- A study of fairy tales.
- “Fanfic lets us imagine a better world, together“.
- Some music that pairs well with books.
- Her face!! 😀
- “Why social media name games are a security risk“.
- Forbes, what.
- The second link, comparing 1902 and 2015, is fascinating.
- Animals with human-like teeth. VERY VERY VERY CURSED. CANNOT BE UNSEEN. YOU WERE WARNED.
- On arthropod blood.
- Some terrifying bodies of water.
- Flashback song time! “Cinderella’s Daydream” by Zuzu’s Petals. (May not be a flashback to those of you who weren’t into the Minneapolis music scene in the 1990s.)
- On masks, from 1918.
- “Disney will stop photoshopping face masks onto maskless guests on rides“.
- Some more headlines from 2020…
- Have you seen the commercials about Satan dating 2020?!
- Did you see the Saturday Night Live psychic sketch?
- “Our New Year’s card is a pop-up, light-up dumpster fire with dancing raccoons“.
- The difference between Renaissance, baroque, and romantic painting styles.
- Hokusai’s “Great Wave” in LEGO.
- Some bat humor.
- California rejected vanity license plate applications. More. Apparently Maine does not care at all.
- “It’s a lovely morning…” And also…
- Gucci no.
- On point.
- 27-lb gummi snake.
*put-upon sigh* -Mayhem
3 thoughts on “Linkity’s nearly holding it together”
Monster fish is scary
The fairy tales thing is interesting, I wonder how they looked way way back since I doubt there were princes and castles then
Hey! That fairy tale link references the Aarneâ€“Thompsonâ€“Uther Index! I’m so happy every time I find a new reference to it. I really hope some day Seanan McGuire will write another Indexing book. 🙂
I love Joe Hisaishi’s Studio Ghibli scores for listening to just about any time, not just while reading. 🙂
Love the poetic justice. And the Dumpster fire New Year’s card. (Not to self: when and how did Epbot fall off my blog reader? Must fix that.)
The license plate ones are great! Though looking through them for a livingsounds like a thankless, and not too fun, job.
A recent post from Nicole..Friday Reads: Snowspelled
I think maybe I will avoid the animals with human-like teeth. -gah-