- Blodeuedd’s giving away a copy of Death Takes a Holiday at Pemberley by Kelly Miller. Looks like it closes on September 9 or 10, depending on where you live.
- New releases: Smart Bitches (romance), io9 (sff)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- On depression and reading hurt/comfort fic.
- “How audiobooks improve my mental health and my reading life.
- Gorgeous library.
- Lovely leather book covers.
- A fairy tale told backwards.
- There’s going to be an Earthsea tv show.
- “Standard book club brawl“.
- “The oompa loompas are a Greek chorus“.
- “My friend said ‘Aziraphale’ sounded like the name of an antidepressant so obviously I had to spend all morning making this fake commercial“.
- David Tennant at DragonCon.
Do, Learn, Think, Make
- What happens if you leave a cup of water on the sidewalk?
- “The commuting principle that shaped urban history“.
- D’oh. Pet vaccination rates are dropping (in the UK, at least).
- Some free online courses starting this month.
- “Manage climate change anxiety with these Cold War coping techniques“.
- How to pack a suitcase efficiently. Perhaps have tissues nearby…
- Chicken and cabbage stirfry. (via the Kitchn)
- Balsamic strawberry chicken salad. (via the Kitchn)
- 5-minute brownie in a mug.
- Caramel gingerbread cake. (via gilajames)
Cool or Wha…?
- “What is the best and least creepy way to show that we care about diversity“? FAIL.
- Ok, canned peas are NOT that color.
- Carnivorous howling mouse.
- Vantablack car.
- On basenjis.
- Learn how to talk Minnesotan.
- “How to measure things like a Canadian.”
- The most extreme way to take a selfie.
- I am not exactly sure what’s going on here. Thanks, kmkat!
- Guess. 😀
*primly ignoring me* -Mayhem