- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from Notebook Stories.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- The return of kennings.
- The sequel to The Dogfather is being written! (I’m going to wait until it’s done before I read it, but I AM subscribed so I will get updates and KNOW when it’s done.) (If anyone needs an AO3 invitation, I have a few – let me know!)
- I’m sure this was a frequent misinterpretation for Harry Potter readers…
Do, Make, Learn, Think
- “You don’t have to monetize your joy“.
- Three different facial expressions, all expressing, “Can you believe this sh*t?”
- Best part of the Michael Cohen hearing.
- Living wage = “Communism on display”?!
- Ha! R.E.M. copyright complaint.
- Learn a little bit about the comic Nancy.
- Apparently 536 AD was the worst year to be alive.
- “How Western science fiction didn’t predict our attachment to Opportunity“.
- Maybe this will help with “the tragedy of the commons”.
- There’s now a Katherine Johnson Independent Verification and Validation Facility.
- “On the security of password managers“.
- “What you need to know about exif data“.
- About asexuality.
- Colombian chicken and potato soup.
- Lebanese lemony lentil and Swiss chard soup.
- No-chop chickpea salad.
- Easy orange upside-down cake.
- 10 knitting books for beginners+.
- The transit delay scarf.
- Yarn stash, explained perfectly.
- Linkity from knittyBlog.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- This photo of Minneapolis wasn’t taken recently (not in winter).
- Frozen waterfall.
- Four-year old hockey player mic’d up.
- The story of Tiniest Opossum.
- Amusing short about a wedding, booze, and superpowers.
- This Nike ad.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Game of Thrones Oreos.
- Texas considers a bill that would make opting out of vaccinations easier… while Texas also has a measles outbreak.
- Highlights of a Wiki article about ice hockey nicknames.
- Best summary of the movie Top Gun ever.
- A bird “that looks permanently strung out on caffeine”.
- David Bowie knife…
- Metallica meets snowplow.
The Wee Free Men (Tiffany Aching #1, Discworld #30) by Sir Terry Pratchett. This was my first Discworld book and it was an quirky, enjoyable read. My plan is to read the four Tiffany Aching books (young adult) as an intro to Discworld and go from there.
Magicians Impossible by Brad Abraham. Ok book about a bartender who discovers at age 30, after his estranged father dies, that he’s a wizard. Sounds like my perfect read, but something about the book kept me emotionally distant from it.
Winter Tide and Deep Roots (The Innsmouth Legacy 1-2) by Ruthanna Emrys. Good historical scifi set in the aftermath of World War 2 a young woman, freshly released from an internment camp, slowly works her way back to her roots. This is set in the world HP Lovecraft created, minus the misogyny and racism.
“It’s really, really, really sad that I am starved so by my mom.” -Chaos