- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- Book Riot’s 2019 speadsheet to track your reading.
- “A (brief) timeline of female authors’ influence on sci-fi and fantasy“.
- Merriam-Webster’s words of the year.
- Oxford Dictionaries’ word of the year.
- “In defense of ugly bullet journaling“.
- “5 groundbreaking urban fantasies with unusual settings”.
- 10 standalone fantasy books for when you’re tired of everything being part of a series.
- “California Republic” pen.
Think, Learn, Make, Do
- If you’ve ever wanted to do a longform creative project (novel, film, etc) and not succeeded, it might be because of your project management skills, not your creativity.
- Critical thinking cheatsheet.
- “Scientists thought they had created the perfect tree. But it became a nightmare.” The tumblr commentary on the article adds an interesting tidbit.
- “The Northern Cardinal is actually multiple species“.
- 1982 geologic map of Minnesota.
- “Why tumblr’s getting rid of the ‘adult’ fandom material is a bad idea“.
- Hannah Gadsby calls out “good men”.
- Virtual Vermeer museum.
- Last-minute gift idea from the Kitchn.
- Last-minute gift ideas from the Mary Sue.
- From Smart Bitches – charitable gifts and reading certificates. Randomly delightful.
- 10 bookish stocking stuffers.
- 30 Harry Potteresque gifts.
- Beet hummus.
- Crockpot sweet and sour chicken.
- Salted caramel cream puffs.
- Red velvet cookies.
- Soft snickerdoodles.
- 50+ holiday cookie recipes.
- There’s something a little odd about this typewriter… 😉
- Great picture of two black cats and a baby, but make sure you read the words, too!
- Watch Pixar’s short Bao for free.
- Linkity from Bookwyrm Knits.
- Linkity from kmkat. And more.
Cool or Wha…?
Hilda and the Hidden People (Book 1) by Luke Pearson & Stephen Davis. It was an ok kids fantasy story about a blue-haired girl named Hilda who discovers there’s an awful lot of she wasn’t aware of right outside her own house. It felt a little flat to me – from perusing the other reviews, I wonder if I’d find the original graphic novel more appealing?
“Did you hear that, Mom?!!” -Mayhem