- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- 10 online tools for authors.
- Roald Dahl’s Matilda at 30. (via The Mary Sue)
- Possible secret magical creature heritages of some Harry Potter characters.
- Bookish cross stitch patterns.
Think, Learn, Make, Do
- On doing “something you feel good about doing”.
- Read the whole thing.
- “Discover NASA technology in your life”.
- “All unwanted pregnancies are caused by the irresponsible ejaculations of men.”
- “This app will terrify you into wearing sunscreen”.
- Octopuses on Ecstasy.
- “Obama and Biden had a pact to stay silent on tRUMP, but it didn’t last long“.
- Maybe scientists don’t understand California’s fault lines as well as they thought.
- “Conservatives shook that Willie Nelson isn’t a conservative must have ignored his entire career“. (I mean, he covered “Cowboys Are Frequently Secretly Fond of Each Other”.)
- Easy 5-ingredient black bean veggie burgers.
- Easy chicken potstickers.
- 17 easy veggie sandwiches.
- 10 no-lettuce salads.
- 10 easy vegan lunch box ideas.
- 10 Instant Pot recipes for “lazy cooks”.
- Pesto risotto with shrimp for one.
- Bloody Mary scones.
- Slow cooker pumpkin French toast casserole.
- Salted caramel sugar cookies.
- Abandoned presidents’ heads.
- Sexy Handmaid Halloween costume.
- “…Presidential alert system that tRUMP will control.” And where to share your thoughts on this…
Reading Update (Brace yourselves – have I mentioned that I read really, really fast when I’m in a reading mood??! It’s safe to say I was in a reading mood this week.)
The Watercolor Sketchbook Kit by Curtis Tappenden. I only have the book part of the kit ($1.49US at a thrift store), but it was an enjoyable overview of watercolor basics. You’d best look elsewhere if you want something that goes into detail.
Memory Zero, Generation 18, and Penumbra (Spook Squad 1-3) by Keri Arthur. Decent paranormal fantasy trilogy about a police officer who doesn’t remember anything about her life before age 14. Then everything in her life is turned upside down when it suddenly seems as if nearly everyone is out to get her. Delightfully free of sex (but not sexual tension), I wish things had been tied up a little more at the end of the third book. (The books were originally released in 2004/5, then rereleased with new covers a decade later.)
Detective Stories and Cry Wolf (Rivers of London 4-5) by Ben Aaronovitch. Good additions to the series – and I really appreciate the timeline in the back of these that shows you where each of the graphic novels fits with the other books.
Dirty Magic, Cursed Moon, Deadly Spells, and Fire Water (Prospero’s War 1-3, 0.5) by Jaye Wells. Good series about a cop who, as teenager, walked away from her life as the heir to a branch of the magical equivalent of the mob. She’s sworn off magic, but her fellow (non-magical) officers don’t really trust her. And then she gets a chance to work with the MEA – the federal Magical Enforcement Agency.
The Brimstone Deception, The Ghoul Vendetta, and The Myth Manifestation (SPI Files 3-5) by Lisa Shearin. Pretty good paranormal romance series about a Southern seer who works as an agent for Supernatural Protection and Investigation in New York City. Her boss is a vampire, his boss is a dragon, and her wanna be boyfriend is a goblin dark mage.
“One fish, two fish, red fish, NIP FISH!” -Chaos
5 thoughts on “Linkity thinks we’re having entirely too much rain all at once”
Loved the puns!
Chaos can give up ‘nip anytime.
Sexy handmaiden is just all kinds of wrong…WTF
A recent post from blodeuedd..Audio: Cowboy Seal Christmas – Nicole Helm
WOW, that’s a lot of reading! I’m glad to hear that you enjoy the SPI Files and the Propero’s War books; those are on my TBR.
I’m not sure I could handle slow cooker French toast. I think I might go on yumminess overload. 😉
Enjoy that ‘nip fish, Chaos! Though I hope you let Miss May share when you were done with it.
A recent post from Nicole..Friday Reads: A Peek at my Book Bucket List (8 of 15)
This is first morning in so long I have taken the time to read blogs – and I have missed Linkity! What a summer. I’m ready for the Bloody Mary Scones hold the scone…
I feel so sad for those poor abandoned presidential heads. I would like to adopt one.