- New releases: Tor.com (scifi, fantasy), io9 ( comics, scifi/fantasy)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- “Rereading strategies for self care“.
- “Four questions to ask when beloved books haven’t aged well“.
- “Writing is the only hobby where people consider themselves a failure if they don’t become professional.“
Do, Make, Think, Learn
- The ISS had a little leak this week. The hole itself (not actual size – I believe the linked article said it was 2mm).
- NASA mathematician Katherine Johnson has turned 100. (She was the inspiration for the book and movie Hidden Figures.)
- “Tiny tunnels previously unknown to scientists found between the skull and brain“.
- “Five things you notice when you watch 2001: A Space Odyssey three times in one year“.
- A fan theory regarding the Borg’s nonsensical attacks on the Federation.
- Surely there has to be an easier way to get food, New Zealand penguins??
- Some Twin Cities travel tips.
- 10 vegetarian slow cooker meals.
- 25 recipes for leftover chicken.
- Confetti spaghetti.
- Easy skillet tamale pie.
- Peanut chicken power bowls.
- 15 make-ahead dinners.
- No-bake peanut butter pie.
- Giving away soul bits. Or not.
- Serena Williams not letting the #$(! officials of the French Open keep her down.
- Tea with the Dames.
- New Scully & Mulder “Barbie” dolls.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- “America’s only remaining Blockbuster store gets its own beer“.
- Drivable full-size Bugatti made from an awful lot of LEGOs and toy motors.
- Retro electric car.
- *blink blink*
- “A sex doll ‘brothel’ is opening in Toronto next month“.
- William Shatner will release a new Christmas album.
- “…prompting women everywhere to ask, ‘Startling to whom?’“
A Book That Takes Its Time: An Unhurried Adventure in Creative Mindfulness edited by Irene Smit & Astrid van der Hulst. Good collection of essays from the magazine Flow. This book has all sorts of goodies in it – little journals, stickers, etc. Not sure whether I’ll use them or not, though.