- New releases: Tor.com (genre-benders)
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- Linkity from The Pen Addict.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Cover snark from Smart Bitches.
- On Harry Potter and Parseltongue.
- Rainbow Rowell on fanfiction.
- “A Wrinkle in Time, Aunt Beast, and the radical power of self-care“.
- Home library bookcases.
- A threatened bookstore burning.
Think, Learn, Do, Make
- “On rethinking all the narratives about women we used to accept before we knew better“.
- NASA’s looking for help finding STEVE. (Some more about STEVE.)
- “Neil deGrasse Tyson releases full, commercial-free version of his interview with Stephen Hawking“. Tribute to Hawking.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson proves the Earth is round…
- Climate science heading to court.
- “Don’t be surprised when the people fight back – they’ll be doing it a whole lot more“. (Ok, the quote is actually from the lyrics of “America, America” by Libby Roderick, but it seemed to fit the link.)
- “Critical and empathic thinking are learned skills“.
- Good to know if you happen to get an antibiotic-resistant infection.
- Yet another very compelling reason to exercise – less likely to get dementia.
- An update on what Boaty McBoatface has been up to.
- Why we spend too much money at Target and IKEA.
- EPBOT on the passing of David Ogden Stiers.
- “25 make-ahead lunches in a bowl“.
- 25 easy lentil recipes.
- Vegan chili.
- Instant Pot chili.
- Weeknight white chicken chili.
- Double chocolate chiffon cake.
- Irish potato and cabbage soup with soda bread.
- Vegetarian shepherd’s pie.
- Protein granola.
- Chocolate quinoa cake.
- Carrot cake whoopie pies.
- Persian rice cookies.
- Calvin and Hobbes from Susie’s perspective.
- Superman being nice to birds.
- Life games that sound both cool and educational – this is to remind me to play some of them.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- No one can figure out tRUMP’s reference to Japan dropping bowling balls on cars as part of their automobile inspection process.
- “You can soon own a HAL-9000 replica that uses Amazon Alexa to control your home“.
*waiting for birds* -Mayhem