Hello! Hope you’ve all been well! 🙂
*Linkity’s back for two weeks – then I have another two weeks of classes, followed by Thanksgiving….
- New releases: Tor.com (genre-benders, fantasy, scifi)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches. And more linkity from Smart Bitches. And more…
- “What I learned from binge-writing nine bad novels“.
- Vintage anti-bookburning poster.
- Memorable book dedications.
- LeVar Burton reads Goodnight Moon to Neil deGrasse Tyson.
Think, Learn, Make, Do
- Simon’s Cat on whether black cats are unlucky. Happy Black Cat Day! 🙂
- Coffee in space.
- Probably most of you reading this would’ve guessed, too.
- Yup, the post title is also my take on it.
- “Explore space with Google Maps“.
- Easy chicken chili.
- Five-ingredient chili.
- Slow cooker pumpkin and chicken chili.
- Italian carrot cake.
- Pumpkin cheesecake hand pies.
- Pumpkin cheesecake bars.
- S’mores bars.
- Whipped shortbread cookies.
- Easy cheesecake cookies.
- Pumpkin oatmeal breakfast cookies.
- Chocolate gingerbread cake.
- White sandwich bread.
- Lo mein.
- Chaos sits like this a lot.
- That is some mighty fine chainsaw carving.
- Honest trailer for Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- Wonder Woman bloopers.
- Linkity from kmkat. And more!
Cool or Wha…?
- What animals think of jogging.
- Not a Halloween costume I’ve ever seen before.
- Best IKEA instructions!
- The secret reason the US didn’t adopt the metric system.
Spindle’s End by Robin McKinley. Very good variant of Rumpelstiltskin, in which a fairy accidentally absconds with the princess after she’s cursed. The princess is raised with no idea who she really is. I stayed up too late reading this one. 🙂
The Illustrated History of Hockey: The NHL Years by Jason Kay & Craig Campbell. Interesting book that spends a page or two on each year of the NHL’s history. I was most interested in the more recent years, so I read this back to front.
“Ewwww, Mayhem’s touching me, Mom!” -Chaos