- Linkity from Smart Bitches. Cover snark from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- Margaret Atwood on Ray Bradbury. (via Largehearted Boy)
- Brenda Jackson’s Librarian’s Day speech at RWA.
- Some tips for and benefits of daily journaling.
- Online creative writing courses.
- Book-themed tattoos.
- Literary fabrics.
- Erm, I didn’t actually know this until I read that post.
- “Every book in the History of Literature summed up in a single sentence“.
Learn, Think, Do, Make
- North American Eclipse Watch: Make a pinhole camera (that’s my plan), “6 ways to view the eclipse without losing your eyes or breaking the bank“, “Eclipse 2017: A unique chance for science“, link to NASA’s livestream of the eclipse, more on pinhole cameras, “The procrastinator’s guide to safe eclipse viewing“.
- I hope you all had a good Black Cat Appreciation Day yesterday. 🙂
- Pantone is honoring Prince with his own shade of purple.
- You can listen to “free online streams of 25,000 historic 78 RPM records from the early 20th century”.
- Colbert, Fallon, and others on tRUMP’s statement a few days after Charlottesville. Seriously. When TIKI Brand Products does a better job that the sitting POTUS… Thank you, President Obama. Twitter responds to tRUMP’s statement with some pointed humor. Godwin of Godwin’s Law speaks.
- A reminder about freedom of speech.
- Chris Evans: “Seriously. EVERYONE needs to watch that press conference in its entirety. He does everything flawlessly wrong. It’s a stunning disaster.”
- How close are you to a Confederate monument? (290 miles.) Good for Baltimore on removing theirs. “The difference between Confederate monuments and actual American heroes“.
- “Ancient carnivorous dread-possum“.
- “How to deal with your apocalyptic anxiety“.
- iPhone users: You might want to check your AirDrop settings…
- 40 cheap meals.
- 30 easy chicken dinners.
- Easy one-pot dinners with rice.
- Skillet eggplant parm.
- Carrot slaw.
- Chickpea and cheddar quesadillas.
- Crunchy Thai peanut quinoa salad. (via The Kitchn)
- 15 easy breakfasts.
- Blueberry almond crumb bars.
- Make a wrapped accordion book from a single sheet of paper.
- Linkity from knittyBlog.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- Animating real life.
- “If you change your mind“.
- Millenium Falcon ice cubes.
- Cheryl shares her successful Stitch Fix experience, for those of us who suck at shopping for clothes.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Cotton candy…
- “Life in an Alaskan town overrun with bald eagles looks patriotically nightmarish“.
- Download a free Cheetos cookbook.
- Ever wondered what a Tickle-Me Elmo looks like without its skin? Please note that you cannot unsee this…
- “Truck with 20 tons of Nutella and chocolate vanishes“. (via jmcbooks)
- Tacos with fried egg shells.
- “We left Richard in North Dakota“.
- “The UK wants you to know they can see the eclipse, too“.
- Autocorrect and cleaning.
- Some especially wrecky cakes.
- Computers vs humans. (Hover cursor/long-press for caption.)
- Eclipse searches. (Hover cursor/long-press for caption.)
Artful Adventures in Mixed Media: Techniques Inspired by Observation and Experience by Nathalie Kalbach. Very good look at different places to find inspiration and how to turn that inspiration into mixed media pieces or art journal entries. There were definitely a couple of new-to-me techniques I’m going to have to try.
“I can’t believe you didn’t feed me all the treats to celebrate Black Cat Appreciation Day, Mom!!” -Chaos