- New releases: Tor.com (sf, fantasy, genre-benders) and Smart Bitches (romance)
- “The function of tropes in the Laundry Files” (that excellent series by Charles Stross).
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Cover snark from Smart Bitches.
- “Which Jane Austen character are you, based on your zodiac sign?“
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- Very good explanation of cultural misappropriation.
- Bipedalism theories.
- “5 eclipses in NASA history“.
- Livestreams for watching the eclipse.
- Sea wolves. (via thedreamthatdreamsus)
- “If you only read one Amicus Brief this year…” (via ofgeography) The Mary Sue’s take on it.
- Lex Luthor is more ethical than tRUMP.
- “Social camouflage may lead to underdiagnosis of autism in girls“.
- It’s been 10 years since the 35W bridge over the Mississippi River collapsed during rush hour in Minneapolis.
- On the importance of What Happened by Hillary Clinton.
- 15 quick stir fries.
- 10 easy dinners made with lentils or beans.
- 10 lunches using hard-boiled eggs.
- Easy Hatch chile egg casserole.
- No-cook strawberry freezer jam.
- S’mores slab pie.
- Italian polenta cake.
- Animated short about a closeted boy who risks being outed when his heart escapes his chest. (via maderr)
- Download an hour of Bowie’s musical oddities.
- “Cycflix forces you to burn calories while you binge watch“.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- The Four Horsewomen of the tRUMPacolypse.
- The Twin Cities.
- NSFW Cake Wrecks. (Although the truly NSFW bit has a separate link at the bottom.)
Doodle Art and Lettering with Joanne Sharpe: Inspiration and Techniques for Personal Expression by Joanne Sharpe. What it says in the title. 🙂 I really like Joanne Sharpe’s art journaling style and enjoyed her tips, tricks, and suggestions.
“But why 42?” -Mayhem