Think, Make, Learn, Do
- A look at Tibetan genetics.
- “Why do larger clothes for women often fit so badly?“
- Giant iceberg off the Newfoundland coast. And the twitter version.
- Weird Minnesota news story…
- Turn an IKEA lamp into a Death Star lamp.
- Why cats love small spaces.
- See a blue whale feeding.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson on science in America.
- tRUMP’s hotline for reporting aliens is perhaps busier than he expected.
- tRUMP picking a fight with Canada now?
- Review of tRUMP’s first 100 days.
- Comment on the FCC’s plan to kill net neutrality.
- “10 vegetarian ways to eat your recommended daily protein“.
- VR Holocaust documentary.
- Cornbread pancakes with strawberry compote.
- Easy cauliflower rice burrito bowls.
- 20 protein-packed snacks.
- 20 vegetarian dinners.
- No-bake salted chocolate oatmeal bars.
- Bittersweet brownies with salted peanut butter frosting. (via anabolic4summer)
- Make your own Wolverine claws from popsicle sticks.
- “The biggest lie I’ve ever been told as an artist…”
- Knitting linkity from knittyBlog.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- “Meet Steve, a newly discovered atmospheric phenomenon that’s so strange it still doesn’t have a formal scientific description.”
- “Scientists are running for office because they ‘want reality to be fact-based’.” (“Yeah, I wanna give a big special shout to all the real people out there, keeping it real – reality’s worth maintaining, you know what I’m saying? Keep it up.” –Sage Francis, “Lie Detector Test”)
- “How fast a rocket would have to go to leave every planet“. LOL, Jupiter.
- More on the whole perception of humans by aliens thing.
- If only…
- Watch “Mocha Diffusion” pottery being made.
- Space – Tokyo – space.
- “Every song mentioned in Neil Gaiman’s American Gods (plus a few bonus tracks)“.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- (Fake) sweat-stained shirt. I guess it will go well with your jeans stained with fake dirt.
- Target, this doesn’t really seem like a good idea.
- Neither do the new McDonald’s uniforms.
- Emoji in architecture.
- “Giant cannibal slugs invade the UK“.
- Mayhem might have this problem. Chaos probably thinks his name is “Chaos, NO!”
- Simon’s Cat vs boxes.
- Alleged “spite house” in London.
- Australia explained for Americans.
- Granny obliviously summons a demon…
- Geology tip from xkcd. (Hover cursor/long-press to read the caption.)
The Art and Craft of Handmade Books by Shereen LaPlantz. This book was originally published in 2001 and it’s amazing to me how far book arts have progressed since then, based on LaPlantz’s descriptions of how things were at the time. Her “recessed skewer” binding is really interesting and I’ll definitely be trying that technique – it involves a hole punch, bamboo skewers, and ribbon.
Stamp It!: DIY Printing with Handmade Stamps by Jenny Doh. Exactly what it says on the tin! 🙂
Hand-Printing Studio: 15 Projects to Color Your Life a Visual Guide to Printing on Almost Anything by Betty Olmsted. Ok hands-on look at stamping (block printing), screenprinting, and transfer printing. I did like the watercolor effects of her transfer printing, which I hadn’t seen before.
His Father’s Eyes (Justis Fearsson #2) by David B Coe. Solid addition to this series about private investigator and weremyste (wizard with moon cycle problems) Justin Fearsson.
Shadow’s Blade (Justis Fearsson #3) by David B. Coe. Another good addition to this series… Except now I have concerns, because Justis has leveled up way too much by the end, which often means things are going to be pretty ho-hum going forward. Here’s hoping that isn’t the case for this series.
“Wait, my name isn’t Chaos NO?!” -Chaos