- There’s still time to win a Spiraldex self-inking stamp, lined journal, two fountain pens, and some ink samples from Bookwyrm Knits! Closes 8 am PDT, April 30.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- Against linguistic prescriptivism.
- Librarians were pretty underwhelmed by Ivanka’s support.
- “Chris Hadfield is proof of the power of sci-fi“.
- “When gender bias extends to the animal kingdom: CS Lewis’ The Horse and His Boy“.
- Hmm. Maybe it’s time to reread Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson…
- “A 3350-song playlist of music from Haruki Murakami’s record collection“. (via Largehearted Boy)
- Some hockey romances to get you into the Stanley Cup playoff spirit?
- There’s an American Gods coloring book on the way.
- If you’d like to know more about Traveler’s Notebooks…
- 20 products for pun lovers.
- 11 bookish skirts.
Think, Learn, Do, Make
- How to put on a sweater with a cat on your shoulder.
- “Introverts and extraverts as artists“.
- The Starbuck’s Unicorn Frappuccino isn’t going over so well.
- Looking to own a Frank Lloyd Wright house?
- Bill Nye answers science questions.
- How to make a compass.
- Honey mustard curry chicken.
- Gingery poached egg soup.
- Roasted cauliflower and lentil bowl with sweet potato hummus.
- Smashed chickpea avocado sandwich. (via The Kitchn)
- Roasted eggplant and brown rice bowl with turmeric tahini.
- 20 quick and easy vegetarian breakfasts.
- 20 hearty vegetarian casseroles.
- 20 high-protein vegetarian recipes.
- 50 salads.
- Rustic honey and almond naked cake.
- One-bowl yogurt and honey olive oil cake.
- Knitted billboards and more – activism by knitting machine.
- “Create your own Lovecraft horror: Knitting the Great Race of Yith“.
- Knitting linkity from knittyBlog.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- Rube Goldberg machine as action film.
- Macro photography journey to another planet.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Star Trek bathing suits.
- Clear coffee so it doesn’t stain your teeth.
- Climate change coloring book.
- Narwhal toothpick holder.
- “Balenciaga creates a $2145 version of IKEA’s $1 tote bag“.
- Chainsaw-powered tricycle.
- “15 idiotic internet of things nobody asked for“.
- Canadian provincial weapons.
- Intruder alert!
- “But… it had bullet points…“
- Humans are weird: Aliens discover the mom friend.
- Bad dog!
- Autocorrect and alcohol.
- The problem with the 7-11 on Mars. (Hover cursor/long-press to read the caption.)
- Identification chart. (Hover cursor/long-press to read the caption.)
Make Your Own Ideabook with Arne & Carlos: Create Handmade Art Journals and Bound Keepsakes to Store Inspiration and Memories by Arne Nerjordet & Carlos Zachrison. If you’re looking for a completely different take on art journals… Arne and Carlos make their own journals (involving a sewing machine) and collage pretty much everything into them.
The Complete Book of Bookbinding by Josep Cambras. Good indepth information on binding and repairing books, with an emphasis on using leather. Very traditional book structures.
Spell Blind (Justis Fearsson #1) by David B Coe. Good urban fantasy about a former cop turned PI whose magical abilities come with a price – a price that cost him his job as a cop.
Chaos gets a little wild-eyed in the hour(s) before his dinner…