- Blodeuedd’s giving away a copy of Wanted and Wired by Vivien Jackson. Closes April 4. US only.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches. More linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- Cover snark.
- Literary London.
- The Card Catalog.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda’s anti-writer’s block playlist.
- Literary genres summarized in a sentence.
- “The five stages of overdue library books“.
- 20 new Canadianisms.
- Free books and tea coloring page.
Do, Think, Make, Learn
- Virtual tour of Tokyo.
- Your cat probably likes you.
- “We redacted everything that’s not a verifiably true statement from tRUMP’s Time interview about truth.”
- Try journaling if meditation doesn’t work for you. (10/10, would recommend trying journaling if meditation doesn’t work)
- Whoops, it might actually be 15000 steps instead of 10000.
- Spaghetti squash with asparagus and ricotta.
- Roasted cauliflower tacos.
- French bread pesto chicken pizza.
- Smoky roasted vegetable hummus bowl.
- 20 recipes using chickpeas.
- 13 grain salads.
- Weeknight skillet lasagna.
- Sweet potato latte.
- Rice flour.
- Frosted carrot cake quinoa bars.
- Easy cereal bars.
- Quinoa with roasted broccoli, leeks, and almonds.
- Ghost story.
- Beware the Grumpy Semi-Sentient Force of Nature!
- Paper cranes. (via alexwhitehall)
- Cool, but I started to feel a little height anxiety looking at it.
- Yeah, that’s a good attitude to have when doing this experiment.
- Surrounded by falling dominoes.
- Patrick Stewart voicing a dragon.
- Linkity from kmkat. More linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Just no. (And what the heck is “salad cream”?!)
- Naked tRUMP statues.
- Plush cheese puffs.
- 3D printed cheese.
- Add a nice flaming pile of skulls to your backyard.
- Executive coloring book.
- This perfectly sums up black cats.
- Some cute little cat cartoons.
- Simon’s Cat and camouflage.
- xkcd and flag design. (Hover cursor/long press for additional text.)
- The Cake Wrecks test for a pure mind.
Ten Second Staircase (Bryant & May #4) by Christopher Fowler. Pretty good addition to the series, as Bryant and May struggle to close both a current case and one of their cold cases while the Home Office looks for ways to shut down the Peculiar Crimes Unit.
Half-Resurrection Blues (Bone Street Rumba #1) by Daniel Jose Older. Half-alive, half-dead, Carlos works for the NYC Council of the Dead, dealing with problems between the living and the dead. I was a lot happier with this before the tragic love interest showed up. :sigh:
Midnight Taxi Tango (Bone Street Rumba #2) by Daniel Jose Older. Good continuation of the series – this adds several other points of view, which was good, as Carlos definitely wasn’t my favorite of the book.
Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #1) by Jodi Taylor. I have really mixed feelings about this one. While it was a pretty enjoyable read, every similarity to Connie Willis’ time-traveling historians of Oxford annoyed the heck out of me. Plus the first-person POV character, Lucy, is one of my least favorite types of characters – she’s the type that has nearly everyone half in love with her and her natural charisma and leadership qualities shine through, blah blah blah. (See Anita Blake for reference.)
Handmade Books by Ray Hemachandra. It’s a coffee table book for a very, very tiny coffee table. Lovely to look at, but one you should get from the library instead of buying (unless you find it used, as I did). The materials used on the included books range from egg cartons to bird spines to acrylic sheets to copper.
The Medium is the Massage: An Inventory of Effects by Marshall McLuhan. For a book published 5o years ago, this short book has aged very well (beyond a few references to the technology of the times). Still can’t believe that we didn’t read this in my graduate program, since so many authors name dropped McLuhan.
Sidney Crosby: The Inspirational Story of Hockey Superstar Sidney Crosby by Bill Redban. Awful. Wikipedia is probably more informative and the writing is definitely better. Plus 66 pages is only achieved with a large font and lots of empty pages between chapters, etc.
Chaotic stealth tabby!