But you might want to ration it, since I have a bookbinding class next Thursday evening – which means no linkity next Friday.
- New releases: Smart Bitches (romance)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches. From last week.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- On rereading (and rewatching). “How rereading brings comfort”.
- The continuing relevance of A Wrinkle in Time.
- “Dictionaries to the rescue: On the importance of words in the post-truth era”.
- Bookish stairs.
- Book fort.
- Geeky tote bags.
Do, Think, Make, Learn
- Upcoming space events in March.
- NASA software you can download for free.
- Batch of Earth-size, potentially habitable planets. (via emmaseasall)
- This is where half of all Minnesotans live.
- “Whoop!” say the bees. And learn to play ball.
- “Oops, I think I’m autistic”. “Help, I am getting more autistic”. Autism self-diagnosis masterpost.
- Some thoughts on why tRUMP speaks the way he does.
- “A survey of propaganda”.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s workout.
- Think twice before making charitable donations through PayPal…
- March’s odd holidays.
- “New study finds no link between childhood cat ownership and psychosis”. Oh, good.
- “Toaster vs freezer”.
- Free budget cookbook ebook.
- Tofu and broccoli green curry.
- Feta and tomato braised chickpeas.
- Chickpea saltimbocca with spinach and potatoes.
- 15 spring casseroles.
- 20 quick vegetarian meals.
- 20 budget “breakfast for dinner” recipes.
- 20 soup recipes.
- 23 curry recipes.
- Peanut butter icebox cake.
- One-bowl chocolate wacky cake.
- The most amazing tribute to Black History Month. And here are the two photos from February 28.
- The intersection of Star Wars and coffee.
- Superman, the Statue of Liberty, and the wall. (Goes nicely with this addition to the Statue of Liberty.)
- Minneapolis afloat in the clouds.
- “Patrick Stewart and Stephen Colbert in Waiting for Godot’s Obamacare Replacement“.
- Women of NASA is going to be a LEGO set!
- …I have questions…
- “A cheeky short that melds space travel, Stanley Kubrick, and one very sly piece of fruit”.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Judgey alpaca is judging you.
- This also applies to Minnesota weather.
- Simon’s Cat: A day in the life of a cat owner…
- A dad’s conversations with his daughters.
- Autocorrect and birds. And cookies. And doctor’s appointments. And “super funny”.
- Location reviews. (Hover cursor/long-press for the caption.)
- Dilemma. (Hover cursor/long-press for the caption.)
The Hanging Tree (Peter Grant #6) by Ben Aaronovitch. reread. Definitely read Rivers of London: Body Work and Rivers of London: Night Witch before you read this! I hadn’t, so I spent a certain amount of the book being annoyed about the graphic novels sneaking into the series. Update upon reread: There were even more references to the graphic novels than I realized…
Shadowshaper (Shadowshaper #1) by Daniel Jose Older. Good young adult urban fantasy about a teenager who’s been asked paint a new mural on a building and discovers that there’s an awful lot more going on around her than she realized.
Revisionary (Magic Ex Libris #4) by Jim C Hines. It was ok. I started to get annoyed about how all of Isaac’s powers made everything so very convenient. Not sure that makes sense – but I definitely didn’t get sucked into this one.
Full Dark House (Bryant & May #1) by Christopher Fowler. You’re either going to love or loathe this book about a British detective in his 80s who finds himself revisiting the first case he worked on (60 years ago) with his partner in the Peculiar Crimes Unit. Be warned that this is not a fast-paced book and it is, unsurprisingly, filled with flashbacks. Flashbacks usually drive me crazy, but I was ok with them in this book.
6 thoughts on “In which there’s lots of linkity”
I went vegetarian on the weekend by mistake and realised I loooove meat
A recent post from blodeuedd..Where I lost her – T.Greenwood
Chris- I like to see the bright colours of the Peeps, but to actually eat them, no.
A recent post from lorraine..Happy Valentino Day
Is Chaos doing a bee whoop?
I’ve got a melon on my kitchen counter that looks exactly like the one in that animation. Hmm…
welp, I just bought myself a dinosaur tote
What?! A new Rivers of London book? Hurrah! and although I don’t spend time on Twitter, @merriamwebster is awesome!
A recent post from marylou..Milliners to the Resistance