- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance), Smart Bitches (romance), Dear Author (romance), and Tor.com (scifi, fantasy)
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Smart Bitches gift guide, part 1. Part 2.
- Make your own traveler’s notebooks.
- “Why you should participate in NaNoWriMo.
- More than 28 adaptations and retellings of Sherlock Holmes.
- You can download What’s Different in Canada by Kevin Bracken for free.
- “Reading The Handmaid’s Tale in the year of Trump”.
- How to hollow out a book.
- Very cool Harry Potter posters.
Think, Learn, Make, Do
- A more accurate world map.
- The right to repair. (via emmaseasall)
- “A sketchy history of pencil lead”.
- “Here’s what Chicago sounded like after the Cubs won the World Series”. I’ve had “Cubs in Five” by the Mountain Goats stuck in my head for days now… When the San Francisco Giants won the World Series in 2010, I happened to be in San Francisco, staying at a house between Noe Valley and the Castro. Some book blogging friends had been there, but only Kris (from Australia) and I were left on that last night. We were at the lovely oak dining room table, hanging out on our laptops (as bloggers do), when this amazing human ROAR started outside and never really stopped. There were helicopters flying over. And fireworks in the distance… Quote from Kris at that point: “You Yanks are crazy.” Umm.
- The makers of Nutella would like the FDA to reclassify Nutella from a dessert item to a breakfast item. (Oh, come on, who eats a single tablespoon of Nutella at a time, which is what the serving size would be reduced to.)
- Unusual November holidays.
- Tour the International Space Station.
- 20 cauliflower recipes.
- 20 cabbage recipes.
- 20 broccoli recipes.
- Broccoli rabe and white bean gratin.
- Baked polenta with greens and gruyere.
- Two-ingredient pumpkin pasta. (via Lifehacker)
- Pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies. (via neighborhoodr-minneapolis)
- Pumpkin cheesecake.
- Pumpkin brownies.
- “17 boozy hot chocolate recipes.”
- “Journaling: Therapy for the soul”. (via notebookmuseum)
- Animated needle felting.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- “Nasty women vote”.
- Although my first reaction was “Flee, Iceland, flee!”
- Dramatic photo of downtown Minneapolis.
- Hummingbird and bees.
- Amazing paper sculptures. (via itsdefinitelyametaphor)
- Cat cafe art.
- SHINE ON.
- NASA’s pumpkin carving contest.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- xkcd on tornado safety. (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
- “Where to go on Earth to get the interplanetary explorer experience”. (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
- Simon’s Cat 360-degree Halloween video.
- Different types of cats.
- Autocorrect and dating. Autocorrect and chicken.
- Um. I just poked through Art Journaling magazine (really not worth the cover price) and reread hockey fic…
“I think I left the oven on!” -Mayhem