- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance) and Dear Author (romance)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Authorly linkity from Becky Black.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Comparison of the Pilot Metropolitan and Lamy Safari budget fountain pens. (I like the Pilot Metro much better than the Lamy Safari, which has a triangular grip that doesn’t correspond to how I hold fountain pens. I suspect the reviewer didn’t use the Metro posted, which gives it a bit more weight and balance.) (Also, check out the TWSBI Eco, which is a great pen for just a little more than the Lamy Safari.)
- Built from Ink and Tea reviews Lamy’s Dark Lilac ink.
- How bullet journals work (at the bottom of the post).
- “George R.R. Martin to Stephen King, ‘How the fuck do you write so fast?’“
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- “Let’s talk about the ‘universal’ (white, male) artist“. (via neighborhoodr-minneapolis)
- “21 little things you forgot you used to do“. (via pipervaughn)
- How privileged are you, according to Buzzfeed’s test? (via eternityinalake) (I got a 40, which is “not privileged at all”… hmm.)
- Learn how to become a birdwatcher.
- “Why use sunscreen? Just look at your butt” (unless you’re a nudist).
- Tour the International Space Station.
- Did you get free tickets in the Ticketmaster settlement?
- Why (some) cats are picky eaters. (Compare to Chaos, who’s not picky. At all. He’s more, “Give me all the fud, I must have it, give me give me give me.”)
- Why cats sleep in odd places.
- Cats understand a little bit of physics.
- Simulation of what it’s like to be autistic.
- 15 spicy dishes for summer.
- 22 salad recipes.
- Tofu and broccoli salad with peanut butter dressing.
- Zucchini buffalo chicken salad.
- Kale bistro salad.
- Carrot peel pesto.
- Chocolate meringue tart.
- 12 no-bake desserts.
- This year’s Minnesota State Fair poster has a llama on it.
- Galaxy doughnuts.
- Learn about the first surviving feature-length animated film, by a female filmmaker in 1899.
- Three years of life in Singapore.
- The Art of Making, Geometry.
- “Making art can relieve stress at any skill level“.
- Supercut of sad movies for when you need a good cry.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- The new foods at the Minnesota State Fair this year. (stuffaboutminneapolis)
- “Kevin Bacon on ‘Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon’“.
- Star Wars perfume.
- Politics are surreal all over, I guess.
- Roach cake… at least it doesn’t contain roaches?
- Whipped cream on vegetables.
- I hope they didn’t sing “78,500 Bottles of Beer on the Wall” as they drove away from the scene of the crime.
- Nonalcoholic wine for cats.
- Look! Up in the sky!!! 😉
“If you wanted to use this backpack, you shouldn’t have left it on the floor! It’s mine now.” -Mayhem