- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance), Dear Author (romance), Smart Bitches (romance), and Tor.com (genre-benders, scifi, fantasy)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Cover snark from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- 40 I-words. 40 T-words.
- Video about recreating an old dictionary.
- 1963 documentary about Ray Bradbury.
- Game of Thrones recapped with medieval manuscripts.
- “7 books that will (probably) never be printed again“.
- Merriam-Webster throwing shade.
Think, Do, Learn, Make
- An infographic to help you survive many varieties of apocalypse.
- “Does addiction treatment require a higher power?” (via jmcbks)
- On hummingbirds and vultures.
- Ah, scholarship.
- Mix tape magic.
- “[W]omen are happier single“. (via jmcbks)
- Toxic masculinity. (via eternityinalake)
- Senator Elizabeth Warren on Trump. Republicans in their own words about Trump.
- President Obama’s last White House Correspondents’ Dinner was memorable.
- Why the ability to manipulate probability would be a very bad superpower.
- How to weave bacon.
- Planks are replacing sit-ups and crunches.
- Why cats are so weird. (Spoiler: They’re predators, but they’re also prey to larger predators.)
- “Why do we forget what we’re doing the minute we enter a room?“
- 16 odd May holidays.
- Cheese-stuffed mashed potato cakes. (via stars-benn)
- Zucchini-chickpea fritters.
- Radish and turnip hash with fried eggs.
- Vegan sushi rice bowls.
- Vegan beet pesto pasta.
- Spring vegetable panzanella.
- Roasted spring pea soup.
- Creamy asparagus and shrimp pasta.
- 16 springish chicken recipes.
- 16 rhubarb recipes.
- “The dessert Australians and New Zealanders are squabbling over“.
- Strawberry bread.
- Pita bread.
- Fudgy flourless brownies.
- Easy flourless chocolate cake.
- No-bake banana split cake.
- “Buttermilk” raspberry weeknight cake.
- Well-loved watercolors. (I have the same set and I love it, although not quite as much.)
- Chaos, is that you?!? (Yes, yes, I purchased it.)
- Chaos, is that you?!?!?!? (Thanks, Lorraine!)
- Map jewelry.
- Short film about being completely alone in Paris.
- Time is running out to buy this (sadly expensive) Cthulhu for President t-shirt! (Thanks, PD!)
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Chicken-flavored nail polish.
- Melon and cheese-flavored Kit Kats.
- Beverage-flavored Pop Tarts.
- Stockings with fake painted toenails.
- Hammock raft.
- How Batman’s physique has changed across the various movies. I love the infographic!!!!! 🙂 (via queeniegalore)
- The true meaning of various business email phrases .
- How to trick yourself into reading boring documents for work or school.
- On all those medieval images of knights fighting snails…
- You might be in Minnesota if…
- Life has been too crazy/stressful for anything but rereading favorite hockey fics…
*Chaos sits down on Mayhem*
*Mayhem looks simultaneously cute and annoyed*