- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance) and Dear Author (romance)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Bookity linkity from Smart Bitches.
- “100 awesome things about Beverly Cleary on her 100th birthday“.
- Ink and pen linkity from Inkophile.
- Sunita with an update on her various journals and planning systems.
- Writers’ notebooks.
- 100 weird novels.
- “How to spring clean your Goodreads TBR pile“.
- Collective nouns for animal groups – always fun to revisit.
- Famous poems rewritten as limericks.
- Awful tweets from Awful Fantasy.
- Harry Potter The Breakfast Club parody trailer.
Do, Learn, Make, Think
- Animated look at the importance of zero.
- “We now know why bearcats smell like buttered popcorn“. (Included entirely because the title amused me.)
- The importance of self care.
- The science of apologies.
- “The National Weather Service will only use its FAMOUS ALL CAPS FORECASTS for emergencies“.
- As long as it isn’t a film strip projector…
- Death Valley super bloom.
- Take a look inside an Etch-a-Sketch.
- Could a bird deliver a pizza to someone on a plane?
- Loch Ness Monster found! 😉
- Thai red curry risotto. (via The Kitchn)
- Stir-fried cabbage in peanut sauce.
- Stir-fried garlic, tofu, and eggplant.
- Stir-fried chile-lemon shrimp and rice noodles.
- Stir-fried beef and asparagus.
- 13 asparagus recipes.
- 15 recipes with melty cheese.
- Cauliflower and mushroom tater tot breakfast casserole.
- Apricot newtons.
- Cake that looks like Jupiter. (via mental_floss)
- Sew some pocket extenders to make the pockets in women’s pants actually useful.
- Make your own transforming purse.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- NASA doesn’t like it when climate change deniers try to misrepresent its work.
- LEGO sculptures of famous buildings.
- Yellowstone mammal migrations.
- Animations of old penny arcade machines.
- Historical photos animated.
- New York City from above.
- Online circuit simulator.
- The White House Science Fair.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Free coloring book page… of artichokes.
- Robert Downey Jr in a bunny suit.
- Scratching posts printed with famous works of art.
- Poutine Stanley Cup.
- “Someone ported Flappy Bird to an e-cigarette“.
- Cricket flour.
- At-home cheese cave.
- “The CIA wants beauty products to collect your DNA“.
- Darth Vader made out of sex toys. (NSFW)
- Darth Vader, Cake Wrecks style. Scary lamb.
- Wikipedia talk pages for cities. (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
Book + Art: Handcrafting Artists’ Books by Dorothy Simpson Krause. Lovely look at creating books as art objects – the author has an amazing body of work, although I was definitely ready for a break from earth tones by the end. She covers a wide array of topics beyond book making and binding, from making a gelatin sheet to print from (look online for a recipe that is shelf-stable instead) to making a collapsible piercing cradle (the secret to getting your sewing holes straight through your signatures).
“It’s not very nice to sit on me, big kitty.” -Mayhem
“Like I care.” -Chaos
8 thoughts on “Linkity is cautiously optimistic about spring”
Chris- I remember reading “Otis Spofford” and “Henry Huggins” when I was in grade school. Is that Beverly Cleary?
Have a great weekend- I’ll be cleaning up the yard. Blech.
A recent post from lorraine..Ten On Tuesday- 10 Things You Do To Calm Down
Who knew baby Wild Boars would be so cute?
A recent post from Cheryl S…Make Do, Reuse, Recycle
I was reading a few days ago about the film prop Loch Ness Monster being found and thought about about telling you, but you heard about it anyway! 😀
Those fantasy tweets made me laugh out loud!
RE: Spring – Well I mowed the lawn tonight for the first time this spring. It’s still kinda crappy in spots in the back yard that haven’t gotten much sun yet and was FULL of sticks from all the wind storms and heavy snows starting at the end of February. On the other hand, two years ago today we got 2 inches of snow and it took me three hours to get into the city – barely made my 10 a.m. meeting – so I’ll take this as a HUGE win.
Romona the Pest was my favorite Beverly Cleary book. I MAY even still have my copy over at my mom’s someplace 🙂
I really would have loved to see that Death Valley Super bloom in person.
I could go for all of the Asparagus recipes except for pickled. Not a fan of pickled anything except cucumbers. I think I’d also enjoy those apricot newtons 😉
The White House science fair and the prez video is hilarious. Those little girls telling him it’s a prototype killed!
I’m sorry, but poutine has always and will always be disgusting. Even in the shape of Lord Stanley’s cup. Lived quite a while in Canada. Just. No.
I will miss this POTUS who can wear a tiara.
A recent post from marylou..Stopover Leftover Popover
Darth Vader sex toy…
A recent post from blodeuedd..#FitReaders Check-In: April 15, 2016 and 3 Reviews
Limerick about plums: fabulous.
Pocket extenders: genius. (I just threw a pair of perfectly good black pants into the Goodwill box b/c the pockets are dangerous for my phone. It falls out. Gott retrieve those pants.)
A recent post from kmkat..Bombing the yarn.
I do love those writer’s notebooks.