- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance) and Tor.com (genre benders, scifi)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- I would be mightily entertained if someone did this to the book drop of my local library.
- 40 m-words.
Learn, Do, Make, Think
- “The LA gas leak is finally over“.
- The dramatic increase of nearsightedness.
- If you’ve ever wondered how hockey goalies deal with all that gear when, erm, nature calls…
- How lightning looks from the ISS.
- On stopping Jupiter.
- On the “sharing economy”. (via itstartledme)
- On ice and Lake Superior.
- 10 things about the Great Lakes.
- 25 tidbits about Utah.
- Hello, Cape Breton Island! (Just in case…)
- Simon’s Cat Logic on whether cats can fall in love.
- Baked blueberry oatmeal cups. (via stars-benn)
- Turkey meatloaf muffins and broccoli stem slaw.
- Upside-down carrot cake.
- Snickers-inspired bar cookies.
- Peanut butter cup pie. (via stuffaboutminneapolis)
- Chocolate lava cakes.
- Yeast-free cinnamon buns.
- One-bowl banana bread.
- Buttermilk pancakes.
- Hot cross bun muffins.
- Baked stuffed shells.
- How to knit and frame a pinwheel. (via knitteapolis)
- Kitty hat! (via knitteapolis)
- 25 Avengers knitting patterns. (via gilajames)
- Spock knitting. (via knitteapolis)
- Knitting truths. (So much YES on the last one…)
- Crocheted chemistry set.
- Aerial footage of herding sheep.
- A year of the sun.
- A short video shot by cats. (Motion sickness warning.)
- String art video.
- Cloud sculpture.
- NASA’s new space tourism posters. (via smoke-and-oakum)
- Yes, this.
Cool or Wha…?
- New version of Monopoly that has an ATM instead of cash.
- Self-parking office chairs.
- Odd R2D2 products.
- Website that shows you random youtube videos with no views.
- Carrot cake Hershey Kisses.
- Edible bubbles.
- Edible spoons.
- Disneyland-scented candles.
- Wearable leg sleds.
- “A T.Rex riding a horse kicking a soccer ball…“
- “‘[T]urbulence cloud’ of snot“.
- “Things that are America“…
- Not cakes, but pretty darn wrecky anyway. Cake Wrecks for National Flirting Week. And for Valentine’s.
- How well do you know your Minnesota foods? (via neighborhoodr-minneapolis) (I got 12/12.)
- If the bios of famous male scientists were written the same way the bios of female scientists are…
- Outside is dangerous!
- Vitamin D ad failure. (NSFW?)
- Only with more cursing…
- That stuffed tiger is going DOWN.
- Very important cat jobs.
- “Stories we make up about our cats“.
An Illustrated Life: Drawing Inspiration from the Private Sketchbooks of Artists, Illustrators and Designers by Danny Gregory. Good look at the journals/sketchbooks of 50 different artistically minded people, including (in their own words) how long they’ve been keeping a journal, why they keep up the habit, and their preferred materials.
*sleepy glaring* Why are you laughing at me, Mom?! You are mean!!” -Mayhem
I was laughing at May’s little “catlick” from Chaos. 🙂