Don’t forget to enter the contest for Duck! (2nd ed) by Kim Dare! Contest closes 7 pm CDT, September 18.
- Becky Black’s giving away titles from her backlist – answer her question in her comments by 18:00 GMT, September 14, for your chance to win.
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance) and Dear Author (romance)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Chuck Wendig says one-star reviews help sell more books.
- Some books about magical families.
- Classic book covers come alive.
- Literary tattoos.
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- Is there a “Superhenge” near Stonehenge?
- Magical squid skin.
- “Your cat isn’t as attached to you as you think“. (Their results would’ve been so different if they’d included Chaos in their study – Jeanne calls him my overly attached stalker ex-boyfriend who lives with me…)
- Time-lapse of a pear growing from flower to fruit.
- “Beware the expense of embracing a minimalist lifestyle“.
- Light and easy broccoli salad.
- Cheesy pizza portobello mushrooms.
- Roasted sweet potato slices with cilantro pesto.
- Chinese egg drop soup.
- 30 recipes using summer produce.
- 15 recipes using peaches.
- 16 easy make-ahead breakfasts.
- Five-ingredient blender muffins 15 ways. (via thedreamthatdreamsus)
- Microwave mug cheesecake.
- Nutella-stuffed sugar cookies. (via anna-sugarfairy)
- Funnel cake.
- Vincent van Gogh in flowers. (via daysthatfeellikeyears)
- Minimalistic cat tattoos. (via puckling)
- Comparison of fictional space ship speeds. (via anna-sugarfairy)
- Ah, yes, that moment of X-Files realization…
- Typewriter Man, a short video.
Cool or Wha…?
- Erasers to turn pencils into wee swords.
- Harry Potter-themed bar in Toronto.
- Millennium Falcon asteroid field coffee table.
- Millennium Falcon bed.
- Star Wars Pendleton blankets.
- The 40th anniversary box set of Monty Python and the Holy Grail can be used as a wee catapult.
- “National Geographic is now owned by a climate change denier“.
- Pumpkin spice Twinkies, bread, cupcakes, and dish soap.
- Terrifying 17-inch tall Darth Vader figure.
- Extreme Barbie Jeep racing. (Thanks, Cheryl!)
- Male puberty vs female puberty…
- “Man pays for $137 traffic ticket with 137 origami pigs, delivered in doughnut boxes“.
- Photoshopped Bill Nye.
- “All 50 states reimagined as food puns“.
- A short Charlie Chaplin film about photobombing.
Sidney Crosby (3rd Edition) by J Alexander Poulton. While the writing in this book verged on painful at time, there were definitely tidbits in it that I hadn’t read anywhere else.
“No, I won’t look at you. If I look at you, you’re going to take my pictu… MOM!!! Stop that!” -Chaos