Congrats to Irene, who wonÂ Challenge the Darkness byÂ Dirk Greyson!Â Challenge the Darkness will be released by Dreamspinner Press on August 31.
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance), Dear Author (romance), and Tor.com (UF/horror, genre benders, scifi, fantasy)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Tips on converting pdfs to epub in Calibre.
- On HP Lovecraft’s return to popularity. (via Largehearted Boy)
- Not everyone fears book spoilers. (via Emma Sea)
- Wired‘s article about the 2015 Hugos. (via Emma Sea)
- Reader Writer Ville with Hugo 2015 links.
- What should the 2015 Hugo ballot have looked like?
- Some cures for a book hangover.
- Quiz to see how well you remember famous book titles.
- Book-scented candles.
- Bookworm habits. (via literaryescapis)
- Fandom gothic.
- If book reviews were like fanfiction reviews… (via bropunzeling)
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- This is a very good idea for pet owners.
- “6 important work by famous artists hidden in Easter eggs“. (via neil-gaiman)
- 12 tidbits about octopi.
- 13 pictures of the California drought.
- “The cost of ‘act of God’ disasters“.
- John Oliver looks at LGBTQ+ discrimination.
- “10 things we learned from Patrick Stewart’s AMA“.
- “This much will kill you“.
- Creamy polenta bowl with oven-roasted tomatoes and zucchini.
- Wild rice bowl with red lentil curry and spinach.
- Burrito bowl with roasted corn and poblano peppers.
- Quinoa bowl with kimchi, miso mushrooms, and crispy broccoli.
- Grilled cabbage wedges with spicy lime dressing.
- Slow cooker carnitas.
- 5 recipes for zucchini snacks.
- 10 sandwich-free lunch ideas.
- No-bake sunflower oat bars.
- 11 one-bowl cakes.
- 2-ingredient Nutella brownies.
- Solar system quilt and bedding. (via puckling)
- Macro shots of cats’ eyes. See also my blog header and my Tumblr/Goodreads avatar. 🙂
- Giant metal sculptures.
- Doctor Who LEGOs.
- Important introvert thing.
- Monarch timelapse.
- Tilt-shift cities timelapse.
- Hot air balloon festival video.
- Video of a Soyuz docking with the ISS.
- Honest trailer of Mad Max: Fury Road.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Tentacle-covered bags perfect for Emma Sea. 🙂
- Frozen Han Solo backpack.
- Video game in which you simply take care of succulents.
- Slide rule watch.
- Tiny paintings… on eyelids. (via Tor.com)
- Light saber swizzle stick.
- Hostess candy corn cupcakes.
- Pumpkin spice latte M&Ms.
- Chewbacca Crocs.
- Uranus used to be called George.
- A Google Street View car drove through the Spanish tomato throwing festival…
- Weapons used in movies.
- Baby red panda! Panda and babies! Sand cat and babies! More of the sand cat and babies! Lynx and babies! Kitten! Baby snowy owls! Black-footed ferret and babies! Kittens!
“Hmm. Which of my 42 napping spots shall I choose now?” -Mayhem
9 thoughts on “Linkity latches on to the most feeble of title ideas”
I managed 54% in the titles quiz, since I only knew the Danish titles on a few of them I’m quite pleased 🙂
Oh that quilt is so great. I’m glad it is too expensive for an impulse buy. The nephew left me with a full size jar of Nutella. I may have to try the brownies for our next office party where there are the gluten-frees.
A recent post from marylou..The mystery of spring gardens
Chris- Hmmm. Book scented candles. Is it just me, but every time I walk into a library or bookstore, I fart. Is it the total relaxation?
A recent post from lorraine..Rockin’ Rooster
I totally say kernel
I meant colonel, sigh! I never say it right in my head
A recent post from blodeuedd..Koko Takes a Holiday – Kieran Shea
100% on the book titles!
A recent post from kmkat..I’ve moved!
That fanfiction reviews one was too funny. Also, I don’t know where I can get my eyelids painted, but if I can, cute baby sand cat all the way. 😉
Loved the Fandom Gothic post – “An unfinished fic ends on a cliffhanger. It hasnâ€™t been updated since April 1832.” Lol
Loved the eyelid paintings. And the Mad Max trailer.
A recent post from Cheryl S…China: Terracotta Warriors