Congrats to Karen M, who wonÂ The Rainbow League series byÂ Kate McMurray – including the third book, The Long Slide Home, which is being released today by Dreamspinner Press.
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance), AAR (romance), and Dear Author (romance)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Writerly and bookity linkity from Becky Black.
- “World’s coolest bookstores“. (via Book Riot)
- “100 actual titles of real eighteenth century novels“. (via demotu)
- But it will be glorious until he figures it out!
- Take this quiz to get a ranking of your preferred fanfic tropes.
Think, Learn, Make, Do
- The 11 nations of the US and their different cultures. (via wilwheaton)
- “Bill Nye explains the science behind exploding spaghetti“.
- The first entire octopus gene has been sequenced. Octopus with unusual mating habits. Octopus that’s unusually social in the lab.
- “Watch an Amazon fulfillment center in action“.
- “20 strange things found lurking in the sewer“.
- Learn 15 things about Oreos.
- How much more sick do families with kids get than the rest of us?
- Best political ad ever?
- 16 blueberry recipes.
- 20 recipes using peanut butter.
- Spicy Thai salad.
- Sri racha-lime corn salad.
- Slow cooker chicken burrito bowls.
- Crustless quiche with summer vegetables.
- Tostadas with smoky sweet corn hummus. (via The Kitchn)
- Chocolate zucchini muffins.
- Espresso fudge brownies with mocha swirl cookie dough. (via anna-sugarfairy)
- S’mores brownies.
- Chocolate overload s’mores cheesecake. (via The Kitchn)
- Orange Julius.
- A new music video from Chris Hadfield for “Feet Up”.
- Video of the moon transiting the earth.
- International Space Station photobomb.
- Photos of the Perseid meteor shower.
- Explore the surface of Mars.
- Short film about a woman stuck in a time loop.
- 20 minutes of kite flying in a minute.
- Baby hummingbird live video stream.
- Tea dragons. (via Tor.com)
- Vincent van Buffalo.
Cool or Wha…?
- Girl Scout cookie flavored granola bars.
- “6 bizarre museums you can visit from the comfort of your desk“.
- A kindergarten shaped like a cat.
- Wheaties beer.
- Pecan pie M&Ms.
- Ramen ice cream.
- Laptop scratching post.
- iRobot automatic lawnmower.
- Foot orgasm symptom.
- Apparently you can still request trial by combat in New York.
- What it’s like to be an introvert. (Thanks, Jase!)
- This cat’s living the dream.
- Oh oh.
The Annihilation Score (Laundry Files #6) by Charles Stross. A very good addition to the series, this book was from Mo’s perspective (instead of Bob’s) as her life changes direction abruptly – possibly more than once even. Life is unpredictable when you wield a possessed violin made from human bone… I can’t help but notice that many of the lower ratings on Goodreads are from men and have to wonder a bit about that, what with this book having a strong female protagonist. :/
“Why are all of you upside down again?! You’re just so silly!” -Mayhem
7 thoughts on “Leonardo da Linkity”
Chris- I think I have introvert tendencies, as I am quite happy to spend time alone, and no one gets that. Glad to know I am not “alone” in my introvert world.
Have a great weekend.
A recent post from lorraine..Country Mouse, City Mouse
As a fellow introvert, I endorse those cartoons.
A recent post from kmkat..I’ve moved!
Foot orgasm…ehh, no
I adore Col. Hadfield. That was such a fun video to watch and listen to. I had slightly (much) less fun with the time loop one, but it was really clever the way it was filmed. I love time travel stuff, so it was really good, but unnerving! Especially how it ended. Great to see those journal pages. I especially liked the corrections on the hockey pages. Cool idea!
I enjoyed the article about introverts. Have you read ‘Quiet’? It really resonated with me. I’m really enjoying your art journal pages and have been trying a few things out myself inspired by your pages 🙂
A recent post from mrspao..A chance encounter of a cafe with cats
Book decoy! Ingenious.
A recent post from Cheryl S…China: Terracotta Warriors