Congrats to Idamus, who won Dancing Days by Clare London!
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance), Tor.com (PNR), and Dear Author (romance)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Writerly linkity from Becky Black.
- “Taste, bias, and loving problematic books“.
- Take a look inside Uncle Hugo’s. (via neighborhoodr-minneapolis)
- Superhero bookends.
- “How to tell if you are in a Terry Pratchett novel“. (via queeniegalore)
Think, Make, Learn, Do
- What if the media wrote about hockey players the same way they write about female athletes? (via Puck Daddy)
- “Why keeping a journal is a good thing for students (and anyone really)“. (via notebookmuseum)
- Neil Gaiman and Neil deGrasse Tyson talk.
- What would happen if New Horizon hit your car?
- How cats stay cool (and it’s not by sweating from their noses or the pads of their paws).
- Apparently people age at very different rates.
- A good thing to remember.
- Dark chocolate waffles with ganache and strawberries. (via pipervaughn)
- Creamy cookie dough frosting. (via gilajames)
- Peanut butter scotcheroos.
- Recipes for non-dairy frozen desserts.
- S’mores icebox cake.
- 13 cakes using summer fruit.
- Salad NiÃ§oise.
- Grilled nacho platters.
- Pad Thai spring rolls. (via The Kitchn)
- Sweet corn and tomato salad.
- 14 recipes that don’t require cooking.
- 10 recipes using coconut milk.
- Dragon bridge.
- Miniature gardens. (via maderr)
- HP Lovecraft inspired bottles.
- “See a summer’s worth of fireflies in two minutes“.
- Short film about painting a miniature portrait.
- Disney films supercut.
- “Found objects matched with their Pantone color“.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Brain specimen coasters.
- Mt Fuji facial tissue dispenser.
- Dress made from cereal.
- Bacon-flavored seaweed.
- xkcd on Pluto. (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
- Cake Wrecks.
The Beautiful Mystery (Three Pines #8) by Louise Penny. Good continuation of the series, with much less angst than I was expecting based on the previous book… at least initially. Let’s just say I’m eying the next book anxiously and suspiciously… This was the first book that had only the briefest reference to Three Pines – it mostly takes place at a remote Quebec monastery.
Collage Lab: Experiments, Investigations, and Exploratory Projects by Bee Shay. Pretty much what it says on the tin! I liked the examples of the various experiments – I’ll definitely refer back to this one when I want to do a photo transfer using gel medium, for example. What I didn’t like was the tacit art knowledge that seemed to be required throughout the book.
8 thoughts on “Name your own linkity!”
Aye sleep is good
A recent post from blodeuedd..Review and Giveaway: Ruin – John Gwynne
Bacon flavored seaweed – if true, that could get me eating dulse, ancient food of my people. Was out of town and not online much. I did get to play with my great niece, including one where I was Jabba the Hut and she was Princess Leia, cause ‘Princess Leia is tough!’ I must see if there is a video of Neil Gaiman and NdGT. Sounds wonderful.
A recent post from marylou..The mystery of spring gardens
Chris- The aging thing is interesting. Things like DIETING and drinking can age you prematurely, so I don’t do either.
Having cats takes years off, apparently.’
Have a good one.
A recent post from lorraine..Ten On Tuesday- 10 Favorite Ice Cream Flavours
I feel like Chaos today.
A recent post from Cheryl S…For the Birds
This is the third time in a week I have encountered fairy gardens. Clearly, the universe is sending me a message of some sort.
A recent post from kmkat..Ten on Tuesday, the ice cream edition.
I love that dragon bridge. And the fact that it breathes fire, too – wonderful!
The process of creating the miniature portraits was fascitnating, but now I’m jonesing for “Misadventures In Stock Minature Portraits”. Think we’ll ever see one?
I’m thinking very fondly of our visit to Uncle Hugos – definitely need to do a return visit!
A recent post from mrspao..Notting Hill and Portobello Road