- Tiny (the journal is 3″ x 5″) composition book stamped journal page:
- Bright journal page:
- Watery journal page:
- Becky Black’s giving away an ebook copy of her forthcoming m/m fantasy, Immutable. Closes 9 am BST, July 8.
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance) and Dear Author (romance)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Lots of book linkity from Book Riot.
- Whoopsy – Apple has to pay up after loosing its appeal of the ebook price fixing case.
- Apparently romance readers read too much for Scribd to make money on them.
- A cyberpunk reading list.
- School lockers as book spines.
- “Reading habits based on Hogwart’s houses“.
- Margaret (from Judy Blume’s Are You There, God? It’s Me, Margaret), xkcd style. (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
Think, Learn, Do, Make
- Putting fatal police shootings in the US into perspective. (via bronwyngreenauthor)
- For the disgruntled Americans threatening to move to Canada… (via cookietime) (Also, you’ll have to leave your guns behind.)
- “Make it easier to get rid of your clutter by giving up hope“.
- I fear I might be a “harbinger of failure”.
- Actual SPFs when sunscreen isn’t applied as directed (thickly).
- “Where your cat wants to be petted, according to science“.
- Chicken guacamole burgers.
- Juicy Lucy turkey burgers.
- Black bean burgers with chipotle ketchup.
- Grilled vegetable and tofu kebabs.
- Lemony eggless egg salad.
- Mexican corn salad.
- Curried corn and coconut rice.
- Spicy stir-fried zucchini.
- Homemade cornbread mix.
- Waffle cone s’mores.
- 12 s’mores recipes.
- No-bake blueberry cheesecake ice cream pie.
- Rhubarb compote flapjacks.
- 12 cobbleresque things to make with summer fruit.
- Lemon bars.
- Lemon meringue pie in Mason jars.
- Root beer float pie.
- Peanut butter no-bake energy bars.
- Turn a pillowcase into a tote without sewing. (via The Kitchn)
- Crochet some wristlets.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- Pride Dalek.
- 35W bridge over the Mississippi River lit up for Pride.
- This is how you do religion right.
- Collection of Pride Parada photos from around the world. (via mental_floss)
- Video about the color all around us all the time.
- Photos of forgotten/abandoned places.
- Photos of New Zealand glowworms.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Venus de Milo action figure, with bonus arms.
- A tea house was smuggled into an LA park… and no one noticed.
- T. Rex bicycle.
- Death Star nightlight.
- Space capsule tea infuser.
- Watermelon bread. (via The Kitchn)
- Apparently we have the Greyhound Bus Museum here in Minnesota. (via stuffaboutminnesota)
- French fry burger taco.
- Deep-fried Big Mac.
- Cricket milkshake.
- Yogurt liqueur.
- Java mouse deer and baby! White-winged duck and babies! Baby penguin! Kittens! Baby red pandas! Baby penguin! Baby porcupine!
The Brutal Telling (Three Pines #5) by Louise Penny. Very good mystery which really shakes things up in Three Pines! 😮
“I disapprove of the number of pillows on this couch, as they greatly reduce the amount of space I have to sprawl out.” -Chaos