Congrats to Kate and Azure, who wonÂ Orenâ€™s Right (2nd ed) by Blaine D Arden!
Congrats to Avalie, who won Memories (2nd ed) by Valentina Heart! Memories was released by Less Than Three Press on June 3.
Congrats to laurie, who won Enforcing Emory by Mickie B Ashling!
Congrats to Luci, who wonÂ Love Found on Lindisfarne by JL Merrow!Â Love Found on Lindisfarne will be released on June 7 by JMS Books.
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (UF/romance), Smart Bitches (romance), AAR (romance), and Tor.com (scifi, fantasy, genre benders)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Lots of bookity linkity from Book Riot.
- “On rape, romance, and empathy“.
- “Why books are comforting to anxious people“.
- Free Android writing-related apps.
- Book art.
- The Very Hungry Cthulhupillar… or maybe the Choose Your Own Adventure Sextrap Dungeon instead?
Think, Make, Learn, Do
- Gender and sports fandom.
- “Why crafting is great for your brain“. (via gilajames)
- How Americans feel about different US states. (Hmph. Minnesota accents are not weird, dammit.)
- The safest US states to live. (via Lifehacker)
- “Why don’t more Americans watch the Stanley Cup Final?“
- Google Street View under the ocean.
- NASA documentary about 50 years of space walks.
- Why Swiss cheese is losing its holes.
- Everyone needs to remember this.
- “10 secrets of the stock photo world“.
- How to distinguish between jaguars and leopards.
- 12 unusual June holidays.
- Minnesota fudge cake with salted peanut butter glaze. (via stuffaboutminnesota)
- Spicy chocolate-covered tortilla chips.
- Strawberry, apricot, and almond crumble.
- Chocolate yogurt ombre popsicles or yogurt breakfast popsicles.
- Rainbow vegetable spring rolls.
- Cauliflower hummus.
- 20 vegetable recipes.
- 15 snacks you can carry in your bag.
- Finnish tongue twisters.
- Mind-boggling calligraphy.
- Time-lapse video shot in Utah, Wyoming, and South Dakota.
- Time-lapse video of the world’s largest salt flat in Bolivia.
- Pencil and paper animation of the Twin Peaks opening credits.
- Make edible, stackable LEGO gummy candy. (via anna-sugarfairy)
- LEGO-ize your photos. (via mental_floss)
- Magnetic Tetris for your fridge.
- X-Files LEGOs.
- R2-D2 teapot.
- Geek jewelry.
- Black kitty art.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Cephalopod chair to go with your octopus chandelier.
- Full-size R2-D2 mini fridge that delivers drinks.
- “An army of plush penguins move in motion to make a mirror“. (“[M]ove in motion”? Really?!)
- 650-pound chocolate Chicago Blackhawks player.
- Brownie Batter Oreos.
- Private jets with fireplaces.
- Chips Ahoy-flavored doughnuts.
- Bacon-scented scratch-off lottery tickets.
- So, what, you only ever end up with one side of your bread toasted?!
- “Supreme Court rules that you have to intend a threat for it to be real“. But will you know it was intended/”real” before there’s a body count?! Ugh.
“Birds!!! I see birds!!!!!!” -Mayhem
9 thoughts on “Apparently linkity thought everything was cool this week”
If they weren’t so greedy and didn’t have them playing ice hockey in the summer, maybe more people would watch. Drives me crazy how all these seasons get longer and longer. Not seasonal any more.
And the stock photo of the woman ‘knitting’ in the article on crafting and the brain cracked me up. This linkity will take all week! Have a good weekend. And I’m rooting for the Blackhawks, of course.
A recent post from marylou..The mystery of spring gardens
Chris- I learned something. I always thought panthers were black. Jaguars are spotted- never knew that.
Have a great weekend.
A recent post from lorraine..May Days
You certainly look contented to watch, Mayhem. Be cool, pretty panther.
Those time lapse videos were fabulous!
A recent post from Cheryl S…FO: Sandbank
That calligraphy is awesome! Also really like the black kitty art.
Thank heavens the birds are back! I was worried for Mayhem.
A recent post from Brenda..A New Landscape
A recent post from blodeuedd..The Pyre – David Hair
Those penguins! The sound they make was soothing somehow, but I can’t help wondering if they would be a little bit creepy.
The time lapse videos were lovely.
Well, I am now an official leopard-panther distinguisher. Thanks for that 🙂 And knitting is good for the brain and the happiness? Well, duh, we all knew that.
I thought that Supreme Court decision sucked, too, when I first read about it.
I am definitely making the strawberry apricot crumble this summer. Loved the calligraphy.