- New releases: Fiction Vixen (UF/romance), Smart Bitches (romance), AAR (romance), and Tor.com (scifi, fantasy, genre benders)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Lots of bookity linkity from Book Riot.
- “On rape, romance, and empathy“.
- “Why books are comforting to anxious people“.
- Free Android writing-related apps.
- Book art.
- The Very Hungry Cthulhupillar… or maybe the Choose Your Own Adventure Sextrap Dungeon instead?
Think, Make, Learn, Do
- Gender and sports fandom.
- “Why crafting is great for your brain“. (via gilajames)
- How Americans feel about different US states. (Hmph. Minnesota accents are not weird, dammit.)
- The safest US states to live. (via Lifehacker)
- “Why don’t more Americans watch the Stanley Cup Final?“
- Google Street View under the ocean.
- NASA documentary about 50 years of space walks.
- Why Swiss cheese is losing its holes.
- Everyone needs to remember this.
- “10 secrets of the stock photo world“.
- How to distinguish between jaguars and leopards.
- 12 unusual June holidays.
- Minnesota fudge cake with salted peanut butter glaze. (via stuffaboutminnesota)
- Spicy chocolate-covered tortilla chips.
- Strawberry, apricot, and almond crumble.
- Chocolate yogurt ombre popsicles or yogurt breakfast popsicles.
- Rainbow vegetable spring rolls.
- Cauliflower hummus.
- 20 vegetable recipes.
- 15 snacks you can carry in your bag.
- Finnish tongue twisters.
- Mind-boggling calligraphy.
- Time-lapse video shot in Utah, Wyoming, and South Dakota.
- Time-lapse video of the world’s largest salt flat in Bolivia.
- Pencil and paper animation of the Twin Peaks opening credits.
- Make edible, stackable LEGO gummy candy. (via anna-sugarfairy)
- LEGO-ize your photos. (via mental_floss)
- Magnetic Tetris for your fridge.
- X-Files LEGOs.
- R2-D2 teapot.
- Geek jewelry.
- Black kitty art.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Cephalopod chair to go with your octopus chandelier.
- Full-size R2-D2 mini fridge that delivers drinks.
- “An army of plush penguins move in motion to make a mirror“. (“[M]ove in motion”? Really?!)
- 650-pound chocolate Chicago Blackhawks player.
- Brownie Batter Oreos.
- Private jets with fireplaces.
- Chips Ahoy-flavored doughnuts.
- Bacon-scented scratch-off lottery tickets.
- So, what, you only ever end up with one side of your bread toasted?!
- “Supreme Court rules that you have to intend a threat for it to be real“. But will you know it was intended/”real” before there’s a body count?! Ugh.
“Birds!!! I see birds!!!!!!” -Mayhem