- Blodeuedd’s giving away an ebook copy of Take a Chance on Me by Debbie Flint. Closes April 18.
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (UF/romance)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Lots of bookity linkity from Book Riot. Lots.
- Writerly linkity from Becky Black.
- “Series romance: The long goodbye“.
- Connie Willis on why she won’t be presenting at the Hugo Awards this year. (via Emma Sea)
- “25 colloquial British terms for describing the natural world“.
- 9 songs about books and libraries.
- Short film called Weapons of Mass Instruction.
- “How to name your big important novel“. (via gilajames) Mine would apparently be True History of the English Patient and Punishment.
Do, Think, Learn, Make
- The history of female computer scientists.
- “What does the IRS do with all the paperclips people send them?” (The answer is really, really boring.)
- 1977 documentary on the making of Star Wars.
- 1937 film about the future of American industry.
- An octopus has learned how to take pictures of people.
- Which has the greater gravitational pull – the Sun or spiders?
- “Explore a room of skulls with Google Street View“.
- 10 tidbits about the platypus.
- Things that might help you make better coffee, plus 7 tidbits about coffee.
- “FDA to health food companies: The word ‘healthy’ has an actual meaning“. (Best. Headline.)
- Singapore fried rice.
- Easiest Thai green coconut curry.
- Crunchy cashew Thai quinoa salad with ginger peanut dressing. (via The Kitchn)
- Quick balsamic quinoa salad.
- Chicken salad with pickled grapes and celery leaves.
- Leftover chicken laksa.
- Sriracha and lime salmon with garlic roasted Brussels sprouts. (via The Kitchn)
- Baked black bean and avocado burritos.
- Southern smashed potato salad.
- 15 recipes for lentils.
- “21 recipes to make you feel like a mad scientist in the kitchen“.
- Rainbow heart cookies. (via twoearsandaheart)
- Strawberry shortcake macarons. (via The Kitchn)
- Lemon rice pudding.
- Lemon yogurt cake.
- Little Debbie-style chocolate chip creme pies.
- Little Bites-style banana muffins.
- Hostess-style chocolate cupcakes.
- Photos of nature vs civilization. (via pipervaughn)
- Very tall Alaskan house. (via blue–spruce)
- LEGO Titanic.
- Some employees at a closing Canadian Target store do an amazing cover of “Closing Time” by Semisonic. (video) (via 893thecurrent)
- GoPro footage of a spacewalk.
- “A Taylor Swift a capella parody about science“.
- Short film about time travel.
- Yes, this.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- More cover art disasters.
- “Crickets aren’t the superfood they’re cracked up to be“. Whew!
- Bacon Stanley Cup.
- “10 weird things hockey fans have thrown on the ice“.
- “Russia is outlawing celebrity memes“.
- FOX might remake The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- Factual horoscopes. (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
- Quiz titles. (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
- Hockey fics! Woo-hoo! 🙂
“Clean face, clean face, I’m going to have a clean clean face!” -Chaos