- New releases: Fiction Vixen (UF/romance), Smart Bitches (romance), and Tor.com (PNR)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- “On heroism in romance“.
- On ageism in fandom.
- Bookity linkity from Vacuous Minx.
- “Five books that are also labyrinths“.
- Make some cement hexagon bookends. (via CRAFT)
- Yes, this.
- Lovely bookity tattoo.
Do, Think, Learn, Make
- “The nation’s biggest companies agree: Gay marriage is good for business“.
- Penis size study results.
- Flowchart to help you pair beer with food.
- There were woolly rhinos?!
- “Eddie Redmayne and Hollywood’s cis problem“.
- Inventor regrets inventing the Keurig.
- Unusual March holidays.
- Funfetti birthday cake.
- 6 chocolatey things to bake.
- Quick chocolate layer cake for two. (via maderr)
- Red velvet cheesecake bars. (via toewses)
- Three-minute mug brownie. (via essouffle)
- Spicy pumpkin seed popcorn.
- Chicken rice bowls with honey mustard sauce.
- Ginger and cilantro baked tilapia.
- Spicy Thai steak salad.
- BBQ chicken pizza.
- Greek chicken salad.
- Charities looking for yarn crafters. Even more charities looking for yarn crafters.
- Make a typography baby quilt. (via CRAFT)
- Knitterly linkity from kmkat.
- Stop-motion Etch-a-Sketch made with dominoes.
- Overlook Hotel maze model from The Shining, built by Adam Savage.
- Back to the Future clock tower scene in LEGO.
- Classic movie scenes in LEGO. (via mental_floss)
- LEGO TARDIS console room.
- Star Wars (the original) in 60 seconds.
- Monster issues. (via hockeysyrup)
- Digital Spirograph. (via agentpantybunches)
- Russian scuba divers playing hockey upside down under a frozen lake.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Definitely one way to deal with public urination…
- Dinosaur skull digger glove thing.
- Yellow submarine butter spreader for corn on the cob.
- Mint St Patrick’s Day milk.
- Fluorescent ice cream.
- “Taco Bell testing Cap’n Crunch-coated, cream-filled donut calorie bombs for breakfast“.
- “30 weird apps that really exist“.
- Music for cats, composed by scientists.
- Soap shaped like baby hands.
- “Pounded by the Gay Color Changing Dress“.
- Bob’s Burgers Game of Thrones parody.
- Barbie, Crystal, and the snow day.
- One donut to rule them all.
- “Total Eclipse of the Chart“.
- Cake Wrecks. Dr Seuss, Cake Wrecks style.
- Pretty much.
The Complete Guide to Living Well Gluten-Free: Everything You Need to Know to Go from Surviving to Thriving by Beth Hillson. Even though I’ve been diagnosed with celiac disease for nearly 18 years, I still like to brush up my skills and strategies periodically. This book was ok for that. Unfortunately, I found the style/voice more annoying than helpful at various points – I’m a basically optimistic person, but relentlessly cheerful people exhaust me, even in text, apparently. Also, when the author discussed other health issues that those with celiac disease might be more prone to, I was surprised that neither B-12 deficiency or microscopic/lymphocytic/collagenous colitis were mentioned.
“Mount Appliance is a little taller than we anticipated and we need help getting down! Probably this is all your fault, Mom!!!” -Mayhem
“Woe is we. Woe.” -Chaos