- New releases: Fiction Vixen (UF/romance)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Automatically send books from Dropbox to your Kindle with Kindlebox.
- A new Dr Seuss book will be out this July.
- Authorly linkity from Becky Black.
- Kris talks about social media and reader/author relationships.
- “On the interchangeability of books“.
- “Author beware: Do you make it hard for a reader to buy your books?“
- “Depression: Psychology lessons from Harry Potter“.
- Drama in historical typefaces.
- Fiction genres plotted on a giant poster.
- Cool bookmarks. (via wilwheaton)
- Love letters from your writing. (via blue-spruce)
- It’s never quite the same when you reread a childhood favorite…
- How to tell if you’re in a Hemingway novel. Or a Bronte novel. Or a Jane Austen novel. Or a Charles Dickens novel. Or a Victor Hugo novel. Or a Henry James novel. Or a Regency romance novel. Or a Gothic horror novel. Or lesbian pulp fiction. Or a Haruki Murakami novel. Or…
- “10 worst misconceptions about medieval life you’d get from fantasy books“.
- Color-coded library. (via Roya)
Think, Make, Do, Learn
- “Can a computer change the essence of who you are?” (via blue-spruce)
- Keep track of all the space probes.
- What if the Moon was replaced by a black hole of the same size?
- “The miracle of Minneapolis“. Mayor Becky Hodges responds to the article.
- Most popular videos from each of the 10 years that YouTube’s been around.
- Nutella stuffed deep dish chocolate chip skillet cookie. (via sheercompulsion)
- Nutella cheesecake mousse. (via The Kitchn)
- Chocolate moon cake.
- Homemade nut butters. (via maderr)
- Shrimp with white beans, spinach, and tomatoes.
- Lamb with dark chocolate pepper sauce.
- Rajma chawal (kidney beans with rice).
- Thai stuffed sweet potatoes with red curry peanut sauce. (via The Kitchn)
- 21 citrus recipes.
- Glazed chocolate biscuit doughnuts.
- Corn flake chocolate chip marshmallow cookies.
- Yeast-free pizza crust.
- Feminist Cthulhu.
- Geeky Willow pattern plates. (via maderr)
- Harry Potter Funko Pop! figures. (via The Mary Sue)
- Best Spiderman movie ever? (Featuring a giant husky/malamute.)
- San Francisco in black and white timelapse.
- Five year of the Sun timelapse.
- Periodic table quilt made by a robot.
- Hyperbole and a Half stationery and journals.
- Astronaut official portrait, Jedi style. Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy style. Pirates of the Caribbean style (pdf). Reservoir Dogs style (pdf). (via Tor.com)
- Creative steps. (via pipervaughn)
- Watercolors of cats.
Cool or Wha…?
- Viking longboat table. (via puckling)
- TARDIS Murphy bed. (via wilwheaton)
- Etch-A-Sketch notebook.
- Giant Tetris cushions.
- Star Trek captain’s chair pool float.
- Pen that writes with chocolate.
- Sheep cafe.
- Fake baby can cozy.
- Remotely rock your baby to sleep using your phone.
- Bacon-wrapped pizza.
- Oven specifically for Girl Scout cookies.
- Chewbacca Furby.
- Muscular [partial body of a] boyfriend body pillow, complete with nipple – just one. You’ll understand (as much as is possible) when you see the picture.
- Wearable “odor removal device”.
- “Pat Robertson says demons can curse your unborn child through Facebook“.
- Best (feline) Valentine’s wish.
- This meteorologist really, really loves thundersnow.
- Degrees of [cereal bowl] desperation. (via toewses)
Mario Lemieux: The Final Period by Mario Lemieux & Tom McMillan. Interesting, coffee table style autobiography of Le Magnifique that was heavy on the photos, light on text. I was perfectly ok with that. Of course, after this was published in 1997, Lemieux made another comeback, so this was actually not quite his final period.