- Finished a Christmas gift:
- If you’ve ever wondered how hockey shapes players’ bodies, this will show you. *ahem*
- NSFW photo flashback to a 2009 snow sculpture…
- Random thought from me.
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (UF/romance)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Book linkity from Smart Bitches.
- On breaking up with an author you used to love.
- Vacuous Minx with “RT 2015: The romance-industrial complex at work”.
- On Kurt Vonnegut. Kurt Vonnegut quotes.
- LEGO The Hobbit in 72 seconds.
- Word counts of the Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter books, to help you evaluate how long a fanfic really is.
- Texts from Jane Eyre?! (And that’s a contest that goes until noon ET, November 14.)
Think, Make, Learn, Do
- The comet landing as you’ve not seen it before.
- Best travel mug.
- Tips from an architect on building a pillow fort.
- “Double spacing after a period could reveal your age“.
- Canadian Arctic Archipelago – that’s a whole lotta island names.
- 8 things that aren’t quite cats.
- 52 myths/misconceptions, debunked.
- The year’s worst toys.
- Kids confused by a film camera.
- 15 quick & easy vegetarian dinners.
- 10 Thanksgiving vegetarian main dishes.
- Chickpea bolognese.
- French green lentil stew.
- Korean tacos.
- Pork stew with white beans and butternut squash.
- Roasted butternut squash salad with sriracha lime dressing. (via The Kitchn)
- 15 hearty slow cooker meals.
- Caramel apple rolls. (via The Kitchn)
- Pumpkin pie pancakes.
- Cranberry ginger upside-down cake.
- Cranberry Newton bars.
- Maple pecan bars.
- Pumpkin slab pie.
- 10 fall pies.
- Skillet lasagna.
- Bread stuffing.
- “5 gluten-free alternatives to bread stuffing for Thanksgiving“.
- Apple pie in a bag.
- Pumpkin pie with praline and coconut-pecan crust.
- Pumpkin chiffon cake.
- Tips for baking gluten-free cakes.
- Very sweet commercial about a boy and his penguin. There’s an accompanying knit kit. (via knittyBlog)
- Earth from the ISS.
- 27 geeky scarves. (via The Mary Sue) I can’t believe they skipped the double-knit Star Wars scarf and the DNA scarf.
- Calvin and Hobbes in LEGO.
- LEGO particle accelerator.
- Photo from the 1940 Armistice Day Blizzard in Minneapolis.
- Video of a road trip from NY to LA.
- Yes, this.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Firefly Clue and Serenity Yahtzee.
- Hovering Tetris tower game.
- Space Invaders-themed mug.
- Creepy LEGO scenes. (via mental_floss)
- Portable turntable.
- 11 extreme toasters.
- How can you remake Being John Malkovich without John Malkovich?!
- Pizza Hut has a lot of new options. Consumerist tries 21 variations.
- Oreo churros.
- Doritos-flavored Mountain Dew. Stephen Colbert discusses the product.
- One-pint ice cream scoop.
- Peanut butter turned into diamond.
- Pepperoni pizza sheets. (via The Mary Sue)
- Bubble wrap suit.
- Editing fail in a peer-reviewed journal.
- Cake Wrecks on Sesame Street.
- A new Simon’s Cat!
- …I bet it is.
- Black kitten! Black kitten! Margay and baby! Red panda and baby! Kitten! Kitten! Baby sea otter! Tiger and baby!
The Spy Who Haunted Me (Secret Histories #3) by Simon R Green. Ok paranormal thriller in which Eddie is teamed up with five other agents, who must work together and compete against each other to solve five great mysteries. The best part of this was Walker from the Nightside being one of the agents.
From Hell with Love (Secret Histories #4) by Simon R Green. Ok continuation of this paranormal thriller series. I would’ve been severely annoyed about the cliffhanger ending if I hadn’t had the next book on hand.
Blackout (All Clear #1) by Connie Willis. Very good story about the delightful chaotic time traveling historians of Oxford. Of course things go terribly awry. 🙂 Be warned that this is the first half of a story and things stop at a precarious point, so have All Clear on hand to continue. *hopes that someone returns an ebook copy to my library very, very soon*
“Socks socks socks socks socks!” -Mayhem
14 thoughts on “Linkity is taking a four day weekend, falalalalala!”
No need for the one pint scoop Just toss the lid and eat the whole thing. (Period space space.)
I loved Blackout and its sequel. My husband and I both listened to it on audio. It is very well narrated. It really picks up a lot of tension in book 2. I was practically biting my nails. The ending is very satisfying.
Lucky you! I need a four dayer. Thank you for the quinoa/squash stuffing recipe! You knit socks? Serious?
Chris- Mayhem approved Christmas socks- now those are special.
Have a great long weekend!
Ah, I was going to ask if the socks are for Mayhem or Chaos, but I see they are for Mayhem and it looks like they’re a success 😉
I would be jealous of your 4 day weekend if not for my 3 week Christmas break :p
It’s right around the corner…
Where is my box of Kleenex?
Have a great time Chris! Hope you are doing something fun 😀
Not quite cats, lol
Especially good links today!
1. I quit double-spacing after a period about 20 years ago. Yay, me!
B. You live with 2 cats and no other roomie. How many of your linked recipes do you actually make yourself? Inquiring minds want to know.
iii. That XKCD animation is awesome. I sent it to Smokey, both sons, and my brother, the retired rocket scientist (he and his company figured out how to make the Hubble telescope not vibrate when it warms/cools as it goes out of/into the shadow of the earth).
IV. Speaking of islands of Canada, this: http://www.livescience.com/33679-world-largest-island-lake-island-lake-island-google-earth.html
5. I dare not show the VW microbus toaster to Smokey b/c he would want to replace our Cuisineart toaster STAT!
I do hope those socks were for May! Or that he didnt pull any stitches!!
Hope you’re having a great weekend!
Those socks are lovely! I admire your skills and patience.
Beautiful socks 🙂
Beautiful socks! I’m going to have to try some of those recipes 🙂