Congrats to Louise, who won Moonlight Becomes You (Lucky Moon #1) (2nd ed) by Piper Vaughn and M.J. Oâ€™Shea!Â Â Moonlight Becomes You will be released by Dreamspinner Press on April 7.
- Kaetrin’s celebrating her birthday by giving away a romance book bundle valued at $155. Make sure you read the post about how to enter! Closes 5 pm Adelaide (Australia) time, April 5. Australia only.
- Blodeuedd’s giving away How to Handle a Cowboy by Joanne Kennedy, plus a cowboy-themed gift. Closes April 12 – make sure you read how to enter.
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (UF/romance) and Tor.com (genre benders, fantasy, scifi, urban fantasy)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Linkity approves of this: “Fiercety, seriosity, debonairity: 14 abstract nouns we need to bring back“.
Think, Do, Learn, Make
- Dead malls. (via Wil Wheaton)
- The California drought’s not going to improve anytime soon, and what that means for both California and the rest of the US.
- Hockey science videos: slap shots and skating on ice.
- Milo ice cream cake. (via The Kitchn)
- Nutella rolls. (via The Kitchn)
- Chocolate-dipped bacon. (via CRAFT)
- Citrus fennel salad. (via The Kitchn)
- Smoked salmon dip. (via The Kitchn)
- Breakfast pizza. (via The Kitchn)
- Turn a soda bottle into an adorable planter kitty. (If the google translate link doesn’t work, here’s the direct link.) (Thanks, Jeanne!)
- Animated My Little Blackhawk short! Too bad it’s an April Fool’s joke.
Cool or Wha…?
- Before there was the internet… (Hover your cursor for additional text.)
- Desperate times… (Thanks, Jeanne!)
- Tiger and baby! Baby platypus! Baby otters! Kittens! Otter and babies! Baby turtles! Baby clouded leopards! Baby donkey! Baby fennec!
- I bet I don’t even need to tell you. 🙂
13 thoughts on “Linkity will weep copiously if we get the forecasted 9 inches of snow today”
I want those planetary plates
Come over here, we a lovely green, somewhat warm(ish) Spring now, although, if the weather forecast holds, Monday will be a lovely red, we’re supposed to get a bit of bloodrain this weekend
I read the cat article, nice 🙂
ARe you weeping? I called in lazy. I’m working at home today. Those planetary plates are so cool, I wish they weren’t melamine. Reminds me of my childhood ‘china’.
Are you getting 9″ of snow!?! I won’t tell you about our weather. If I could get pizza with salmon roe crust I’d be in heaven! Seriously, it sounds delicious.
Mayhem, you just get cuter and cuter. Life must be treating you right.
It looks like Mayhem has life sorted out just right!
Linkety excelled itself today!! That condom, coke, mentos craziness was hilarious!! And I loved the Sidney time lapse, and the past/present cities, and the Simon’s cat and, and, and…. 😀
Hoping your weather turns out better than predicted (wow, nice inches of snow), and that you and the kitties stay cozy and warm.
When are you moving?
The kitty cam was pretty interesting. Bad boy.
I knew someone who had a job assignment in the army to test condoms.
There’s a paucity of abstract nouns for sure. Just add “-ity” and stir to get great new ones, like my wildly popular, SOC-inspired neologism, LIKEITY!
Thinking of getting those planetary plates for Elder Son, who will be moving into semi-permanent digs in a couple months. They are cool.
Did you notice that Simon turns the page of his book the wrong way? Unless he is reading backward.
So…did the snow arrive? I am sure spring is coming your way…if it helps we lost daylight savings today…
The coconut layer cake looks YUM!
And WRT the reading update…no, you do need to tell me…just in case my guess is wrong *sly grin*
And while you take some fantastic photos of the kitties that has to be one of my favourite photos of May EVER 🙂
SIMON’S CAT CAR DECALS?!?!?
read fractions of LOL, think do learn make.. Loved them. they are really good to read 🙂 thanks for sharing