- The view from my windows last Friday morning, after 10.5 inches/26.7 cm of snow overnight. That street lamp was confused for days – ice was blocking its light sensor, so it stayed lit through hours of bright sunshine.
- It doesn’t bode well when the icy conditions sign has slipped and fallen…
- If you like hockey and you’re not doing anything Friday, February 28 (aka today), at 8 pm CST, why not join the Goon rewatch party?
- Blodeuedd’s giving away a three-pack of Kate Ashford books: Man of Honour, The Three Graces, and The Marriage Wager. Closes March 8.
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (UF/romance), Literary Escapism (UF/PNR), and Tor.com (UF, genre benders, scifi, fantasy)
Do, Learn, Think, Make
- Forced arbitration is bad for consumers – why you should opt out. (Dropbox just added new terms of service that include forced arbitration, but at least they offer an online opt out.)
- Time zones. (Hover your cursor additional text.)
- Hmm. I wonder how the Great Lakes’ ice cover has progressed since this February 19 photo? (It was -11F/-23.9C with a -34F/-36.7C windchill when I woke up yesterday morning. Talk about a demotivator.)
- For the Twin Cities, it’s the coldest winter since 1979 and one of the coldest on record. (Yes, it really was colder and snowier when I was a kid, dammit.) Seems legit.
- Decade-defining recipes: 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s. (Related: 1950s foods dinner party, via Emma Sea.)
Cool or Wha…?
- Moose and baby! Okapi and baby! Baby panda! Foxes! Foxes! Black kitten! Lioness and baby! Pygmy goat and babies! Baby Florida panther! Takin and baby! Sand cat and baby! Snow leopards and baby!
- Wait, wait, don’t tell me…
Not that you can really tell in this picture, but his mouth is hanging open a bit. Classy!