Congrats to Urbanista, who won the signed paperback copies of The Replacement Guitarist (2nd ed) and Home for the Holidays (The Replacement Guitarist #2) (2nd ed)Â by Lori Toland!
Congrats to Marie, who wonÂ Christmas Serendipity by Liam Livings!Â Christmas Serendipity will be released by JMS Books on December 8.
- New releases and more: Fiction Vixen (romance/UF), Literary Escapism (UF/PNR), and Tor.com (UF, genre benders, scifi, fantasy)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- The crack_van LJ is closing in January. You can scroll through the rpf: professional athletes tag to find a lot of great hockey fic recommendations.
- Fitzwilliam Darcy’s inner struggles. (Be aware that these sort by the most recent first.)
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- Dorito bread. (via Lifehacker)
- Buffalo turkey pizza. (via The Kitchn)
- Hot fudge sundae cake. (via The Kitchn)
- Chocolate pumpkin pie. (via The Kitchn)
- Jalapeno espresso nog. (via CRAFT)
- Finger knit a rainbow scarf. (via CRAFT)
- Clever gifts for food lovers. (Thanks, Cheryl!)
- Shark tea infuser. (via Alex Whitehall)
- Lovely photo from the Hennepin Avenue bridge over the Mississippi heading into downtown Minneapolis.
Cool or Wha…?
- Baby boar! Lioness and baby! Margay and baby! Pampas cat and babies! Tiger and baby! Cheetah and babies! Baby otters! Baby panda! Baby snow leopard! Lions!
Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened by Allie Brosh. Very good collection of Brosh’s clever, insightful, and sometimes poignant comics. I was disappointed that the collection didn’t contain the brilliant “alot” comic, but perhaps there will be a less autobiographical collection available in the future.
“Hello, bird!! I will stare at you!!” -Mayhem
“You see what I have to put up with?! That is absolutely a leaf, not a bird.” -Chaos
7 thoughts on “Linkity will try not to whine about the cold… too much”
At least Mayhem has entertainment. Chaos, don’t be a grinch.
Russian Tea Cookies! Love!
A recent post from margene..Wednesdays are for Yarning Along
You got me at chicken vaginas.
The novelist error messages were great, too.
A recent post from Cheryl S…Darn it all
Torn between having a paper copy of Hyperbole and a Half or a digital copy. I have a color reader so I’d get the full graphic awesomeness, tough decision!
Yay Mr Darcy stuff
1. My goodness, there are a *lot* of Sugru-haters on Lifehacker.
B. Reading is my superpower, too.
iii. Glacier National Park may need to be renamed because global warming.
d. I want that Aeropresso coffeemaker thingie from ThinkGeek. Yes, I do.
V. That LAPD video is one of the better amateur videos I have ever seen. Probably one of the better things that that police department has done in recent memory.
6. We used to have a cat, don’t remember which one, that did the squirrel-sitting-up post a lot. Goofy.
Loved Darcy’s inner struggles!
It’s flippin cold here, too. I think it’s cold everywhere right now, and it’s not even officially winter yet. *whines*
I think I may need to make some pumpkin spice lip balm before I run out of pumpkin spice 🙂