Congrats to Urbanista, who won the signed paperback copies of The Replacement Guitarist (2nd ed) and Home for the Holidays (The Replacement Guitarist #2) (2nd ed) by Lori Toland!
- New releases and more: Fiction Vixen (romance/UF), Literary Escapism (UF/PNR), and Tor.com (UF, genre benders, scifi, fantasy)
- The crack_van LJ is closing in January. You can scroll through the rpf: professional athletes tag to find a lot of great hockey fic recommendations.
- Fitzwilliam Darcy’s inner struggles. (Be aware that these sort by the most recent first.)
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- Lovely photo from the Hennepin Avenue bridge over the Mississippi heading into downtown Minneapolis.
Cool or Wha…?
- Baby boar! Lioness and baby! Margay and baby! Pampas cat and babies! Tiger and baby! Cheetah and babies! Baby otters! Baby panda! Baby snow leopard! Lions!
Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened by Allie Brosh. Very good collection of Brosh’s clever, insightful, and sometimes poignant comics. I was disappointed that the collection didn’t contain the brilliant “alot” comic, but perhaps there will be a less autobiographical collection available in the future.
“Hello, bird!! I will stare at you!!” -Mayhem
“You see what I have to put up with?! That is absolutely a leaf, not a bird.” -Chaos