- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance)
- Probably the biggest news of the past week was that Goodreads started deleting bookshelves and book reviews that referenced author behavior. (What an interesting way to kick off Banned Books Week, Goodreads!) Some are trying out Booklikes as a possible replacement for Goodreads.
- Should JK Rowling have made it more clear throughout the Harry Potter books that Dumbledore was gay?
Think, Make, Learn, Do
- Vinegar and water might help you keep your cats away from places you don’t want them. (If it can keep Chaos out of the cupboards, I’m all for it! I must try this.)
- Waste some time today with Google’s pinata doodle. (Has sound…)
- Watch Patrick Kane’s video for amazing (hockey) stickhandling, then watch Brandon Bollig’s video for the humor.
Cool or Wha…?
- On privacy. (Hover your cursor over the comic for additional text.)
- On lobster. (Again with the hovering.)
- Seriously. (More hovering!)
An Eagle River Christmas by Lee Pulaski. ebook. Too much telling/info-dumping kept me distanced from the story.
The Trouble with Hairy (WestÂ Hollywood Vampires #2) by Hal Bodner. ebook. There wasn’t anything wrong with the book itself. I just realized, about a quarter into it, that I really can’t read gruesomely detailed horror anymore, as it leaves me feeling physically ill.