- I love Ravens & Chimes – check out one of my favorite songs, “Division Street”. (Although I must confess that I like them better just listening to their music and not watching their videos.)
- Next week I have training for work from 9 am – 6:30 pm, Monday – Friday. That’s going to be tough for someone who’s used to working 6:30 am – 3:30 pm. And it’s definitely going to have a negative impact on linkity. Brace yourselves.
- Especially since my car is making a horrific noise – a noise so horrific that people turn to gawk if I drive by. Rear brakes? Bearings? It sounds expensive, whatever it is. I have the car parked until I can drop it off at the dealer Monday morning and get a loaner – hopefully in time to make it in to training…
- Becky Black’s giving away an ebook copy of her latest release, Patient Z. Closes July 27, 9 am BST.
- Blodeuedd’s giving away three copies of Mist by Susan Krinard, plus bookmarks. Closes August 1. US & Canada.
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance/UF)
- Tor.com’s doing a reread of a favorite of mine from long ago, The Chronicles of Amber – starting, of course, with the amazing Nine Princes in Amber. I wanted to be a prince of Amber so badly!
- Jenre, Tam, and Kassa share some of their favorites books from when they started reading m/m romance.
- 25 signs of book addiction. (via TeleRead) I don’t want to read the list because I’ll lose plausible deniability…
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- Adding your emergency contact info to your phone’s lock screen is a great idea. Too bad their Android tip doesn’t seem applicable for my phone…
- Patrick Burke of You Can Play explains why he thinks LGBTQ athletes and allies should go to the Sochi Olympics. (via Puck Daddy)
- Cannoli strawberries. (via The Kitchn)
- Funnel cakes. (via The Kitchn)
- My Little Blackhawk is a tumblr of the Blackhawks as ponies. As if you couldn’t guess from the name. 😉
- LEGO Batman cake. (via The Mary Sue)
- An extremely large DALEK (adventures in crop art!). (via The Mary Sue)
Cool or Wha…?
- LEGO Iron Giant. (via The Mary Sue)
- Annoying ringtone champion. (Hover your cursor for additional text.)
- Cheetahs! Kitten! Baby tigers! Tapir and baby in Minnesota! Baby cheetahs! Snow leopard and babies! Baby penguin! Baby tigers! The MN DNR rescues ducklings! Baby red panda! Baby lynxes! Baby wolves!
- Hockey fics, hockey fics, getcher hockey fics at AO3!
“You’re not marking up my paws with your nasty marker, no way, no how. I’m keeping an eye on you.” -Chaos
10 thoughts on “Linkity for a summer in the city”
Zucchini butter sounds like just the ticket for garden overflow. I also have lots of beets and if I get ambitious enough may try the burgers. I made chickpea fries this week. Amazingly easy and good and I’m not even GF.
Book addiction – number 10 was totally me (so were many of the others). But I really have to buy tons of new books whenever I start a new project. Good for the mind, really bad for space 🙂
A recent post from Alison..My Bald Little Pony
I am really trying not to think about how many books we have not including ebooks. It’s huge, and I know I’m a pretty moderate example, especially after weeding a few times before packing for the move. *sigh* need more books, always…
A recent post from Seanna Lea..It’s not the booties, but it is a finish
Woe. I hope your car is fixed soon, and not too expensively.
A recent post from Cheryl S…In the Garden
That dating site for Lego fanatics is hilarious.
Don’tcha hate it when your car makes noises you can”t easily identify? Hope it gets fixed quickly and inexpensively. 🙂
A recent post from Tracy..#DFRAT Excerpt and Giveaway: The Dungeon by Velvet
That cat in the lamp photo – yikes!
Good luck with the car, I hope it’s not too poorly.
hockey fics! thar be hockey fics!
Now that cat was crazy, I wonder how he reached the lamp
A recent post from blodeuedd..Review: Destiny – Alex Archer
Is the sound a somewhat high-pitched squealing coming from the engine compartment that quits after 5-20 seconds? That’s a belt squealing because the thing it is supposed to make go around — alternator, power steering pump, a/c, other things too mysterious for me to know about — is not going around. When it does start to go around, the noise stops. Noise also stops if belt breaks.
Ask me how I know…
A recent post from kmkat..Ten on Tuesday, the treats of summer edition.
I have been a comment slacker. Sorry! 🙁
Also: a Neil Gaiman video game? WANT.
A recent post from Nicole..ROW Update ~ Zoo time!