- Well, there are a few leaves here in Minneapolis this week, but most of them are really tiny still. Things will speed up if we get some of the rain that’s in the forecast.
- You absolutely must go watch Commander Chris Hadfield’s modified version of Bowie’s “Space Oddity”. I’ll wait. 🙂 xkcd takes on the question of whether it was the most expensive music video ever made. “How Chris Hadfield made us care about astronauts again“.
- On Tuesday, May 14, Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton signed the same-sex marriage bill into law. The 35W and Lowry bridges were lit up to celebrate.
- Joyfully Jay’s giving away an ebook copy of the Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open anthology. Closes 11:59 pm EDT, May 19.
- Blodeuedd’s giving away a copy of Kiss of Steel by Bec McMaster. Closes May 20.
- Pants Off Reviews is giving away an ebook copy of Spirit Sanguine by Lou Harper. Closes 11:59 pm EDT, May 21.
Think, Learn, Make, Do
- Angelina Jolie on why she chose to get a double mastectomy because of her cancer risk. (via The Mary Sue)
Cool or Wha…?
- Kitten! Baby tiger! Musk ox and baby! Kitten! Baby otters! Swan and cygnet! Baby black-footed ferrets! Not actually Chaos and Mayhem! Baby clouded leopards! Arctic wolves and babies! Kittens! Kittens! Kittens! Kittens! Kittens! Baby Tasmanian Devils! Swan and cygnet!
- *smiles winningly*
“This is the best wastebasket of all the wastebaskets, based on my extensive paws-on testing.” -Mayhem