Congrats to GmaMungo, who won The Fight for Identity (The Good Fight #3) by Andrew Grey for donating an ebook copy of his forthcoming m/m romance! The Fight for Identity is being released today by Dreamspinner Press.
- We might deploy the work project from hell next week! I’m not going to hold my breath, but this is as close as we’ve gotten.
- Jeanne and I actually saw the Sock Monkey Dress long before it hit the Failblog. In fact, here’s my post about it from 2006, complete with a picture of Jeanne. (And with pictures of Mayhem as a five-month old kitten!)
- Joyfully Jay’s giving away an ebook copy of Choices by Grace R Duncan. Closes 11:59 pm EDT, May 11.
- KZ Snow’s giving away an ebook copy of Murderous Requiem by Jamie Fessenden. Open through this weekend.
- Blodeuedd’s giving away a signed copy of Alien in the House by Gini Koch, plus some swag. Closes May 21.
- Fabulous fanfic website Archive of Our Own (AO3) was named one of the 50 best websites by TIME. (via The Mary Sue)
- Yikes. Fans are threatening Charlaine Harris over how she ended the Sookie series. Maybe all authors of popular series that need to end (I’m looking at you, Janet Evanovich!) should do the last book as a Choose Your Own Adventure…
- Beware the footnote labyrinth! (Hover your cursor for additional text.)
Learn, Do, Think, Make
- If you’re flying into O’Hare and you think you see goats grazing the grassy airport hills, you’re not imagining things.
- The FDA is reviewing whether or not antibacterial soap is safe for people. (I feel like this could go into “Wha…?” instead. Shouldn’t this have been done before its widespread use?!)
Cool or Wha…?
- Dinosaur corn cob holders. (They look sort of hard to hold – very pointy.)
- Baby clouded leopard! Baby tiger! Kittens! Baby tigers! Baby clouded leopards! Cheetah and babies! Cat and kitten! Baby lions! Kitten! Cat and kitten! Baby wolves! Baby tawny frogmouth! Baby bison! Cats and kittens! Cats and kittens! Cats and kittens! Cats and kittens! Cats and kittens! Cats and kittens! Black kitten!
- Too stressed to read more than a couple hockey fics!
“I need to destroy something.” -Chaos