Many thanks to Mary Calmes for donating an ebook copy of her forthcoming m/m romance, Still, for a lucky commenter to win!Â Still will be released by Dreamspinner Press on May 15.
What happens when two men who have been together for seventeen years fall out of love? Sivan Cruz, a set director in San Francisco, and Walter Wainwright, a big shot Bay Area lawyer, find out the hard way. Walter loves Sivan with all his heart but rarely talks about it, and Sivan needs to hear the words. The language of the love they have shared for so long, that has enabled them to build a life together and raise two children, stops working. They become – still.
When Sivan asks for a divorce, Walter doesn’t know how to say no. They separate, but while Sivan sees the relationship as over, Walter sees only a temporary setback. He has never lost his passion for Sivan and decides he has to say something before he ends up loving his husband in silence for the rest of his life.
Excerpt (scroll down and expand)
My name is Mary Calmes and I have been writing since I was in the seventh grade. One of my first stories ever was about Demetrius and Konor, two big strapping gorgeous knights and while it was not historically accurate in any way, hello, seventh grade, the one thing that became glaringly obvious was that the guys liked each other more than the damsels in distress they were trying to save.
â€œBoys donâ€™t sleep in the same bed when theyâ€™re grown-ups,â€ my mother said when I read it to her.
â€œMen donâ€™t talk nice to each other like that,â€ my step-father said that night.
They do in m/m fiction which I was destined to write.
I tried really hard to write a female lead but it just left me flat. I read all kinds of different books and I have favorite writers in every genre but I can only write about men. The dynamics between two men are more interesting to me and as a woman, I like men and the idea of two men together, two beautiful menâ€¦ I donâ€™t understand the question.
When people tell you that theyâ€™ve enjoyed something youâ€™ve written, there really is no greater feeling.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Tuesday, May 14.
- By entering the contest, youâ€™re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the authorâ€™s intellectual property and donâ€™t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“No one understands me like you do, wastebasket.” -Mayhem
127 thoughts on “Ebook giveaway: Still by Mary Calmes [CONTEST CLOSED]”
Oh I would ADORE to have this – yes please!!!
Count me in, please 🙂
Free Mary Calmes book? Count me in.
Awesome another book by an AWESOME AUTHOR!!!
Count me in. Thanks.
Can’t wait to read it. Please enter me.
Please count me in. Thanks!
I have this one waiting on my wishlist, so I’m glad to have a chance at winning it. Thanks!
I’m entering 🙂
Count me in please.
Please count me in!
Please enter me. Thanks!
Count me in. 🙂
Please count me in! Thank you!
I’d love to read this book. Please count me in. Grazie!!
I love Mary Calmes! Count me in!
Please enter me to win this book. I just love every book that I have read by Mary Calmes.
Enter me in please
Count me in too. (Way on down the list…)
Please enter me. 🙂
Definitely count me in, please and thank you! 😉
Please count me in .
I would like to enter 🙂
Count me in. Thanks 😉
Hi!I’m entering the contest…hope I still make it before the cut-off.^_~
Still sounds interesting and i’ve always loved this particular theme…second chances with the same person. Looking forward to this novella…it would def be quite a lovely double treat if I win this one hahaha! ganbarimasu!
Count me in please!
Oooh! LOVE Mary Calmes!! Please count me in.
I’m “Still” waiting…..
Comments are closed.