My work project continues to be hellish and I keep falling more and more behind in blog reading…
- The Babes in Boyland are giving away an ebook copy of Masks Off, Too! Closes 9 pm CDT, March 16.
- Kay Berrisford is giving away an ebook from Charlie Cochrane’s backlist (excluding Promises Made Under Fire). Closes March 17.
- Armchair Reader Cole is giving away an ebook copy of Analyzing Emory by Lily Grace. Closes midnight CDT, March 17.
- Joder’s celebrating 1000 followers by giving away Backstage Pass and Hot Ticket by Olivia Cunning. Closes 11:59 pm CDT, March 19. US only.
- Kay Berrisford is also giving away an ebook copy of The Art of Touch by Dominique Frost. Closes March 20.
- Blodeuedd’s giving away a copy of Shadows and Strongholds by Elizabeth Chadwick. Closes March 24. US & Canada.
- How authors can use Evernote. (It makes the Misadventures in Stock Photography possible!) Plus some tips and tricks on using Evernote.
- Book sculptures. (Thanks, Avalie!)
- Three historical m/m romances (Downtime, If It Ain’t Love, and The Only Gold) by Tamara Allen are free at Smashwords for an unknown amount of time.
Do, Think, Learn, Make
- Google is killing off Google Reader on July 1. Nooooooo! This has big implications for Linkity… Here are five possible alternatives. Eight possible alternatives. Even more alternatives. And more, with a nice list of pros and cons of various options. There’s also a petition going to try to get Google to reconsider. And another petition. Tips for Google Reader users migrating to Feedly. (Feedly might win for me because of transition ease, but I don’t think you can search, which is problematic.)
- 24 Canadianisms (“eh?” not included).
- Tam’s curious how well you need to know someone before you’ll give said person a key to your house. (This isn’t “when do you give that person you’re dating a key”!)
- Measuring beakers for your kitchen. (They went straight into Evernote as a Christmas gift idea for someone in my family!)
Cool or Wha…?
- Most searched for p0rn terms by state and country. Finland, I worry.
- Cake Wrecks celebrated Ken Day in its own inimitable fashion… Plus bear skin rug Ken from Cabled Sheep!
- Baby goat! Baby albatross! Baby kiwi! Baby condor! Tiger and baby! Cat and kittens! Cygnets! Baby dwarf mongoose! Black cat! Baby tiger! Kitten! Baby Dik-dik! Kitten! Kitten! Mouse deer and baby! Skunk! Lioness and baby! Baby tigers! Baby pygmy possum! Cats! Polar bear and babies!
- Nuthin’ to see here. Move along. (aka Hockey! Fics!)
Hmm, better trim those claws…