- If you missed the first post about my New Mexico vacation…
- Apparently the Misadventures in Stock Photography have made me infamous among cover artists – the two I met at GayRomLit (GRL) knew who I was… eep.
- I attended a lot more actual GRL events this year than I did last year.
- Next year I’m actually going to stay in the conference hotel.
- Look at how brave my socially awkward and introverted self is being! 🙂
- I think I’m going into green chile withdrawal.
- This didn’t happen on my prior visits to New Mexico because I never found places that didn’t have wheat flour in their green chile sauce.
- Thank you, Find Me Gluten Free!
- I think.
- If you’re gluten-free and visiting Santa Fe, you must check out Revolution Bakery.
- I love to visit Taos, but I’d hate living there – too much traffic down the main street.
- I saw snow falling outside my window yesterday, which was a bit of a shock after the absolutely perfect (sunny and 70s) weather during my New Mexico visit.
- Also trying to readjust to this “humidity” stuff.
- Still addictively reading hockey fics…
I have virtually no photos from GRL, but I did manage to get a decent one of Kate McMurray, Clare London (poor thing, keeping a stiff upper lip there even though she was suffering from the flu), and Val Kovalin:
Here’s one I like of MsM (Tina) and Cole:
Some of you caught my Goodreads status update from October 16, but here it is for those who didn’t: “So due to outlet location in this less-than-stellar motel room and the length of the micro USB cables I brought on vacation, my tablet and cell phone will be sleeping with me tonight. I hope they don’t hog the covers.” (Alas, my tablet didn’t take that charge or any since – it’s pretty much bricked.)
I much preferred the power setup at Comfort Suites:
A tile that Lauradriana convinced me to buy in Santa Fe (it didn’t take much to convince me, strangely):
I liked the adobe Taos police station:
Some masks outside Coyote Moon in Taos:
Took this from the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge (565 ft/172 m) over the Rio Grande. Although I didn’t have reliable cell service at the Hard Rock Casino (yay for their free wifi and my wifi-enabled cell phone), I had great cell service here. Huh.
Back home, I’m once again reminded of how cool the Minneapolis-St Paul Airport is – check out this cafe/bar that had iPads and charging stations on every table:
More GRL posts:
- Val Kovalin
- Edmond Manning
- Clare London
- Eden Winters
- Kaje Harper
- Lauradriana and Laddie
- Joyfully Jay: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 (with a couple more yet to do)
- Cole (just a teaser so far…)
- Lisa from The Novel Approach
- Elisa Rolle
- Charlie Cochet
- Amy Lane
- Rarely Dusty Books
“You might earn my trust by never going anywhere ever again.” -Chaos
Make sure enter the contest for Tigerland (Tigers & Devils #2) by Sean Kennedy, plus the first book (Tigers & Devils) if the winner hasn’t read it already. Contest closes 7 pm CST, November 5.