Congrats to Nicole L, who won Payback (True Colors #3) by Clare London! Payback is being released today by Dreamspinner Press.
Congrats toÂ Ladypessi and Kaetrin, who won Frog by Mary Calmes! Frog is also being released today by Dreamspinner Press.
Many thanks to Mary Calmes for donating
an ebook copy two ebook copies of her forthcoming m/m romance, Acrobat, for a lucky commenter to win! Acrobat will be released by Dreamspinner Press on May 7.
Forty-five-year-old English professor Nathan Qells is very good at making people feel important. What he’s not very good at is sticking around afterward. He’s a nice guy; he just doesn’t feel things the way other people do. So even after all the time he’s spent taking care of Michael, the kid across the hall, he doesn’t realize that Michael’s mob muscle uncle and guardian, Andreo Fiore, has slowly been falling in love with him.
Dreo has bigger problems than getting Nate to see him as a potential partner. He’s raising his nephew, trying to leave his unsavory job, and starting his own business, a process made infinitely more difficult when a series of hits takes out some key underworld players. Still, Dreo is determined to build a life he can be proud of – a life with Nate as a cornerstone. A life that is starting to look like exactly what Nate has been seeking. Unfortunately for Dreo – and for Nate – the last hits were just part of a major reorganization, and Dreo’s obvious love for Nate has made him a target too.
Excerpt (scroll down and expand)
My name is Mary Calmes and I have been writing since I was in the seventh grade. One of my first stories ever was about Demetrius and Konor, two big strapping gorgeous knights and while it was not historically accurate in any way, hello, seventh grade, the one thing that became glaringly obvious was that the guys liked each other more than the damsels in distress they were trying to save.
â€œBoys donâ€™t sleep in the same bed when theyâ€™re grown-ups,â€ my mother said when I read it to her.
â€œMen donâ€™t talk nice to each other like that,â€ my step-father said that night.
They do in m/m fiction which I was destined to write.
I tried really hard to write a female lead but it just left me flat. I read all kinds of different books and I have favorite writers in every genre but I can only write about men. The dynamics between two men are more interesting to me and as a woman, I like men and the idea of two men together, two beautiful menâ€¦ I donâ€™t understand the question.
When people tell you that theyâ€™ve enjoyed something youâ€™ve written, there really is no greater feeling.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Friday, May 4.
- By entering the contest, youâ€™re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the authorâ€™s intellectual property and donâ€™t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“Sunshine on my tummy makes me happy!” -Mayhem
122 thoughts on “Ebook Giveaway: Acrobat by Mary Calmes [CONTEST CLOSED]”
Please count me in.
Count me in please
count me in please
Sounds like another great book from Mary.
Please count me in.
Please count me in
Count me in, please!
A recent post from Harper..Misadventures in Stock Photography: Part the 118th (The return of the return of Baddest Santa Guy)
I really want this book. Please count me in.
Please count me in!
Love Mary Calmes, please add my name to the draw!
Love Mary Calmes books
please count me in
I want to join this please!
oooh, count me in!
I LOVE Mary Calmes’ books and always buy them the minute I know they’re available…I would love to join this contest to actually WIN one…can’t wait for Acrobat!
Mary Calmes! Yes, count me in!
Please count me in. Thank You.
Please and Thank you!
please count me in! Thank you!
I love Mary Calmes! Please, count me in.
Please count me in, thanks!
Count me in please:)
I love Mary Calmes, so please add me!
Please and thank you!
Mary Calmes is awesome!
Comments are closed.