Many thanks to Amy Lane for donating an ebook copy of her forthcoming m/m romance, Super Sock Man (Knitting #1), for a lucky commenter to win!Â Super Sock Man will be released by Dreamspinner Press on March 21.
Donnie’s crush on his sisterâ€™s roommate, Alejandro, has gone beyond childhood dreams – and it’s driving Donnie insane! So when Donnie gets a chance to house-sit for his sister and Yandro, Donnie doesn’t feel alone. He’s got all his vivid fantasies to keep him company! Can a little dumb luck – and a little help from a magical homemade gift – help Donnie’s fantasies come true?
Note from Amy: This was posted on Good Reads and somebody put up a rating for it – I think in the mistaken idea that if you’d read the short story, you were done with the whole affair, and that was the end. The thing is, that’s NOT the end. In fact, if you’ve read the short story, you’ve read approximately 12% of the whole thing – and that DOESN’T include the glimpses of Chase from Chase in Shadow which evolved later. So, the short story and the novella? Two rather different animals, sort of like the difference between a house-cat and a big, somnolent lynx, actually. Besides.
The novella has a pattern. You know, for the socks on the front? So no. The short story and the novella aren’t really the same thing. The novella was written for all of the people who wanted to see what happened to Donnie and Alejandro AFTER the short story ended – along with some character development beforehand. And, as I said, there is a tragic glimpse of Chase from someone else’s point of view – always a plus, if you liked Chase’s story, right?
So, different. Sort of the same, but no. Mostly different. Just sayin’.
Excerpt (scroll down and expand)
- Complete list
- Talker â€“ Review; Talkerâ€™s Redemption â€“ Review; Talkerâ€™s Graduation â€“ Review
- Clear Water â€“ Review
- Itâ€™s Not Shakespeare â€“ Review
- Chase in Shadow – Review
Amy Lane knits, mothers four children, and writes like sheâ€™s got a slave-driver with a whip and a cattle-prod standing behind her chair. She, her brood, and her beloved mate, Mack, live in a crumbling mortgage in Citrus Heights, California, which is riddled with spiders, cats, a really gassy dog, and more than its share of fancy and weirdness. Feel free to visit her at her blog and her website, where she will ride the buzz of receiving your e-mail until her head swells and she can no longer leave the house.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Tuesday, March 20.
- By entering the contest, youâ€™re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the authorâ€™s intellectual property and donâ€™t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“You better not be taking unflattering pictures of me while I’m asleep, Mom!” -Chaos