- For your chance to win a Kindle Fire, check out the blogs of the six authors participating in the giveaway. Closes noon EST, January 10.
- Blodeuedd’s giving away two copies of The Lure of Song and Magic by Patricia Rice (one for US/Canada and one for international). Contest closes January 12.
- Comment by 10 am GMT, January 14, for your chance to win ebook copies of all the books RJ Scott will publish between February 1 and December 31, 2012.
- Check out the Cock & Bull Blog Tour (running through January 16) for your chance to win Amazon gift certificates and more! (The guy on the tour promo button should look familiar – it’s My Cup Size Is Bigger Than Yours Guy!)
- New releases and more: Literary Escapism (UF/PNR), Tor.com (PNR), and Book Lovers Inc (a little of everything).
- Curious about what the 1961 Nobel jury had to say about the nominees, including J.R.R. Tolkien and Robert Frost?
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- Turn buttons into hair ties! Now I know what I can use some of my buttons for. 🙂
Cool or Wha…?
- Kitten! Baby polar bear! Kitten! Baby cheetahs! Kitten! Tiny pig (video)! Kitten! Giraffe and baby! Cat and kitten! Cat and kitten! Bison and calf! Kittens! Baby tigers! Baby tigers! Kittens!
Camp Hell (PsyCop #5) by Jordan Castillo Price. ebook. reread. Excellent m/m paranormal romantic suspense in which Vic experiences some personal growth (beyond his paranoia, even!), and both Vic and Jacob have unexpected professional growth.
GhosTV (PsyCop #6) by Jordan Castillo Price. ebook. reread. Excellent m/m paranormal romantic suspense in which Vic and Jacob head to California to find their friend Lisa, who’s vanished without a trace. Definitely looking forward to the next book!
Turnskin by Nicole Kimberling. ebook. Very good m/m fantasy romance about a young half-blooded man who grew up in a small town in a world split between Shifters and Skins. When his lover abandons him, he tracks down his cousins in the big city who own an impoverished theater.
Cherish Your Name (Warder #6) by Mary Calmes. ebook. Sweet paranormal m/m holiday romance about Warder Malic visiting his hearth Dylan’s family for Christmas and things getting off to a rough start because Dylan’s family thinks Malic is too old for their son.
Where the Heart Is by Kaje Harper. ebook short. Sweet short holiday m/m romance about a vet who’s been running his father’s remote practice for the past few months since his father died, while his boyfriend is far away in the city.
I Dare You…Again (Dare #2) by Tam Ames. free ebook short. Sweet short m/m New Year’s Eve romance in which Steven needs to decide whether or not to take his roommate’s dare and tell Cory he loves him…
In December My Heart’s Full of Spring by Kate McMurray. free ebook short. Good short holiday m/m romance about two guys who find themselves on top of the Empire State Building together on New Year’s Eve.
Six Degrees of Lust (By Degrees #2) by Taylor V. Donovan. ebook. Pretty good m/m romantic suspense about an emotionally unavailable FBI agent who can’t get a one-night stand out of his head, even as he’s trying to track down a serial killer targeting gay men. This book was heading toward a solid four-star rating before a nasty cliffhanger ending. Pretty much nothing at all was resolved. That makes me really, really cranky.
FUBAR (EMS Heat #12) by Stephani Hecht. ebook. Pretty good m/m romance about a nurse who gets attacked outside of a gay bar and is rescued by an off-duty cop.
Dragma’s Tavern: Where Every Good Bar Comes by Bryl R. Tyne. free ebook short. Good short, trippy m/m story about a guy who ends up in a very odd bar on New Year’s Eve.
NYPD Night Shift by Eden Cole. ebook short. Meh short m/m story about a cop who’s being a jerk to everyone around him – turns out that he just needs to get laid. This wasn’t easy to read because of how much I was rolling my eyes. Definitely skip this one if you prefer stories with condoms, lube, realistic dialogue, or plausible plots.
“I know you’re all jealous of my lovely kitty bed!” -Mayhem