Congrats to elaing8, who won A Gift of Mistletoe, by Alex Whitehall!
Congrats to Wendy, who won Dreams of a Stolen Child (Stolen Child #3) by Anna Mayle!
D’oh! My sixth blogiversary was November 22. The blog now bears little resemblance to the blog then, other than regular cat photos. 🙂 Of course, it was just Chaos back in those days… Anyway! Thank you all so much for visiting and commenting – you make each day a little brighter for me.
- Coffee and Porn in the Morning is giving away an ebook copy of any book from KA Mitchell’s backlist – including the freshly released Bad Boyfriend. Contest is only today, December 16, so hurry.
- Chaos in the Moonlight is giving away an ebook copy Megan Derr’s forthcoming The Christmas Package. Contest closes today, December 16, so hurry.
- Jordan Castillo Price is giving away an ebook copy of her new short story, Fire Thief. Contest closes December 17 am.
- Chaos in the Moonlight’s also giving away a ZA Maxfield holiday title, or other backlist book. Enter by December 17 for your chance to win.
- Jenre’s giving away an ebook from Kari Gregg’s backlist. Contest closes 11 pm GMT, December 17.
- Chaos in the Moonlight’s giving away an ebook from Kaje Harper’s backlist. Contest closes December 18.
- And Chaos in the Moonlight’s giving away four different ebooks from JP Bowie (Christmas Wishes, He Ain’t Heavy, A Special Christmas, and A Present Christmas. Contest closes December 19.
- Tracy’s giving away three copies of The Other Guy’s Bride by Connie Brockway. Contest closes 7 pm PST, December 19. US & Canada.
- Joyfully Jay is giving way an ebook copy of What We Deserve by Kerry Freeman. Contest closes 11:59 pm EST, December 19.
- Joyfully Jay is also giving away an ebook copy of Take Me Home by Sloan Parker. Contest closes 11:59 pm EST, December 20.
- Cecile’s having Riptide Publishing contests all week on her blog for backlist ebooks from Riptide authors. Make sure you read the rules to enter! All contests close midnight EST, December 24.
- New releases and more: Literary Escapism (UF/PNR) and Book Lovers Inc (a little of everything).
- Publishing and book news from Dear Author and Smart Bitches.
- “Digital publishing reviving short stories.” Um, I think that’s really only news for those who mostly read stuff from major publishers?! That’s been obvious to the rest of us for a while.
- Gift guide: For people with ereaders
Do, Think, Learn, Make
- The 40 best protest signs of 2011. (Thank, Amy!)
- The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) doesn’t think that people should use phones while they drive – not even handsfree.
- Apparently more and more online reviews are being placed by paid reviewers, sometimes working from China.
- So brilliantly simple… Store sheet sets inside one of the pillowcases.
- Christmas coal candy. (via The Kitchn)
- Rudolph cookies. (via CRAFT)
- Gift guide: For travelers
- Gift guide: For winter backpackers
- Gift guide: For makers
- Quick gift idea: Homemade amaretto
- Build a LEGO model with your family – this family builds a different 100,000 brick model every Christmas.
- Sweet potato fudge. (via CRAFT)
- Dalek smash cake. (via CRAFT)
- Pancake doodles. (via The Kitchn)
- Knit a cozy neck warmer. (via CRAFT)
- You absolutely must go watch this lovely video. I’ll wait.
- Draw a Stickman! (via Dear Author)
- Snow Dalek. (via The Mary Sue)
Cool or Wha…?
- Hello Kitty toaster. (The comments on that post have other fascinating things, like a bubblewrappish waffle maker.)
- Zombie half ski mask. (via The Mary Sue)
- The richest kitteh in the world is very rich indeed. (Thanks to everyone who sent me that link!)
- A dining room table that needs to be mowed. (That would not work very well with cats……..)
- Kitten! Baby flamingo! Kitten! Baby cheetah! Cat and kitten! Baby cheetahs! Kittens! Baby cheetah! Baby reindeer! Owlets! Kittens! Reindeer and baby! Kitten! Penguins! Kitten! Fennec! Baby opossums!
The Gift by Kim Dare. ebook. Sweet kinky m/m holiday romance about a dom who’s visited by the Ghost of Christmas Past and shown how his sub has interpreted their time together…
An Australian Christmas in New York by Sean Kennedy. ebook short. Very good short m/m holiday romance about an ex-pat Australian living in New York City with his American boyfriend and feeling homesick for a properly hot Christmas. Tim Minchin’s “White Wine in the Sun” made an excellent soundtrack for reading this.
Carol of the Bellskis (Bellskis #1) by Astrid Amara. ebook. reread. Very good m/m Hanukkah romance about a paralegal who breaks up with his boyfriend (also his boss) because his closeted boss is backing out of their vacation plans. The paralegal heads off on vacation to his aunt and uncleâ€™s kosher B&B aloneâ€¦ and finds himself taking care of all the guests, with his aunt and uncle nowhere to be found.
Miracle of the Bellskis (Bellskis #2) by Astrid Amara. ebook. Very good m/m Hanukkah/Christmas romance that takes place several years after Carol of the Bellskis, as Seth meets Lars’ somewhat icy parents for the first time… because Lars’ parents are staying with Lars and Seth for the holidays.
Fire Thief by Jordan Castillo Price. ebook short. Very good steamy short m/m story about two guys who strike some sparks together in a bar.
Numbers by Theo Fenraven. ebook short. Very good, very short m/m romance about two guys who are acting together in the musical Grease and dancing around each other offstage.
The Housekeeper (Will Crawford) by Theo Fenraven. ebook short. Good short m/m romance about a housekeeper from Mexico who falls in love with his movie star employer.
Picture This (Will Crawford) by Theo Fenraven. ebook short. Good short m/m story about a discreet photographer who’s hired to take nude photos by a closeted movie star. I wish I had realized that this is a series of sorts, and that The Housekeeper was the most recent one – I read The Housekeeper first and kept wondering if Will was cheating scum as I read this one.
Love at First Sight (Will Crawford) by Theo Fenraven. ebook short. Pretty good short m/m romance about a closeted actor who pursues a bookstore owner who isn’t interested in one night stands. I’m still confused about these “Will Crawford” books. In this one and in Picture This, Will gets involved with a guy and the story ends with the sense that they’re in a relationship, trying to make things work. The Housekeeper begins with Will not involved with anyone and ends after Will makes a commitment to someone and follows through with it. Are the three books to be taken together as Will’s journey to finding love and coming out? Note: The author just posted the order of these yesterday, and I read them exactly backwards. 🙂
Zombie Wonderland by Piper Vaughn. ebook short. Very good short paranormal m/m holiday romance about a waiter who’s rescued from encroaching zombies by the customer he’s been crushing on for weeks. I’m not a fan of gruesome stories, but I am fan of Piper’s writing, so I braved it.
Christmas Baby by Johnny Miles. ebook short. This short story takes place right before Christmas in 1957 and is told from the perspective of a teenager whose parents drive off to a holiday party, never to return. Suddenly, an uncle he’s never met before is the only person he has in the world.
Secret Santa by Clare London. ebook short. Good short holiday m/m romance about two guys who are always fighting, including over the mysterious Secret Santa presents they received.
NYPD Christmas by Eden Cole. ebook short. Meh m/m romance about a guy whose sister sets him up with a cop. Although he ditches the cop after they screw, he can’t get seem to get the guy out of his mind. Near instalove and awkward writing make this one to miss.
“That was a very suspicious noise, big kitty!” -Mayhem
“I agree, May, I agree. Stay alert!” -Chaos
24 thoughts on “The linkity post in which I realize I missed my sixth blogiversary”
A belated happy blogiversary! And I’m back in time to wallow in some linkity *beams*
I see the Xmas books are out! I do like the sound of An Australian Christmas in New York…every since reading Tigers & Devils I *heart* Sean Kennedy!
Ohhh, guard kittehs!
A recent post from orannia..Around
Happy Blogiversary !
I did not like the new lego female, it did not look like lego!
A recent post from blodeuedd..Review: Cry Wolf – Patricia Briggs
Glad you enjoyed Secret Santa – very topical as I just re-released it this month in the MLR Holiday series, with (hopefully) style improvements :).
HAPPY BLOG-AVERSARY!!!!!! I shall raise a few drinks to you and Chaos over the weekend. You’re both looking very well on it xx
Very merry (late) bloggiversity!!
Oh, and those cats, are you sure that’s what they are saying?? It looks a lot like one on the lookout for you whilst the other is about to rearrange your bookshelves (though you may have good cats, who wouldn’t do that, unlike mine!)
A recent post from Kate..Random mumblings for a Thursday
I love your linkity! 🙂 I want to make pancake art and latkes and a dalek smash cake…. you get the idea!
Yay for 6 years!
Lots of Christmassy stories for you this week. I’ve quite a number as well. Last week I was all meh about Christmas stories but I seem to have got in the mood this week :).
A recent post from Jenre..Review: David and Andrew Book 1: One Night in December by Terry O’Reilly
Six years! Kudos.
Heh, I’ve been storing sheets in the case for years 😀
A recent post from trek..In which Pipey delivers
I remember when May joined the blog! She was such a tiny little thing, so cute. Chaos, Mayhem, I’ll bet that big noise was just Mom dropping something and swearing to beat the band!
A recent post from margene..An Evaluation
Happy anniversary, Chris!
Happy birthday to your blog! It is amazing how much blogs have changed in the last few years. My blog recently hit the six-year milestone, too, and it looks almost nothing like its original incarnation.
A recent post from Marsha..I have awesome friends
Happy blogiversary 🙂
Will check all the linketies over the weekend
Chris- I can vouch for the coffee/workout theory. I was told about the brain’s central governor, and it may be I am suggestible, but it works.
Happy Birthday Blog!
A recent post from Lorraine..Duke Nukem?
Another great linkity. If only I hadn’t already bought a gift, the Hello Kitty toaster would have been perfect. There is always next year…
A recent post from Mary Lou..Craft Activism Giveaway
Those family cards were amazing. I’ll have to tell you what we’re going to do next year…totally irreverently wonderful:)
A recent post from Melanie..I Am Camping My Butt Off!
Also, happy blogiversary! Did you do a special post when you got May?
A recent post from Melanie..I Am Camping My Butt Off!
I could play with that stickman all day long. Did you see the app?
Happy belated blogiversary!
I’m tempted to try the quick amaretto recipe, and those bizarre holiday cards were, well, really something… Every year I’m tempted to send a Festivus card, but Paul has talked me out of it. One of these years!
A recent post from Jodi..in which I exhibit some wisdom
Happy belated blogiversary!!
Storing sheets in a pillowcase – why the heck have I never thought of doing that? So simple yet flippin’ genius.
A recent post from Ava March..Home for the Holidays
I love some of those protest signs.
I like the idea of making my own cookie cutters, even though I don’t make cookies that often.
ROTFL at the Christmas cards!
Love the video.
When I take the seat from Katie and when I pet her after she’s just bathed are Katie’s two biggest cat world problems.
Happy Belated Blogiversary!!!! 😀 You make our days brighter, too!!!!
LOVE the lego family! I made the mistake of showing my oldest the LOTR ornaments – now he wants me to make them. The Wesley house and the Tardis in gingerbread were awesome!
A recent post from Bronwyn Green..I’ve been remiss (surprise, surprise)
Happy belated sixth blogiversary! I’ve been missing things left and right, so I know what how easy it is to do.
A recent post from Nicole..God Bless Us, EVERY One
Happy belated blogiversary!
A recent post from Cheryl S…Peace On Earth
Happy belated anniversary!
A recent post from Carrie K..Happy New Year!