Thought I’d share a few more photos, random thoughts, and links related to my vacation in New Orleans.
Outside the Sacred Grinds coffee shop.
Wall tombs from the Canal Street cemeteries.
What I’ve dubbed the Spirograph Tombs in the Canal Street cemeteries.
A family tomb in the Canal Street cemeteries.
Halloween devil on a balcony in the French Quarter.
Giant spiders infesting a shop in the French Quarter.
More Random Thoughts from Vacation
- I printed out this list of NOLA vegetarian and gluten-free dining options (link is to pdf), which turned out to be an amazingly useful resource for myself and numerous others during our visit.
- Apparently Kassa will be glued to my side during the zombie apocalypse – something about my backpack, aka “Chris’ bag of holding”…
- Our local market was the Mardi Gras Zone, which was a fascinating mixture of health food, junk food, Mardi Gras masks, and feather boas.
- If you’d told me it was possible for a nude male go-go dancer to be boring, I would not have believed you. Andrew proved me wrong. I think he was texting part of the time…
- From a motel clerk in rural Mississippi: “Only the Lord can judge the women on Celebrity Wives.” O.o
- Not sure that I understand why GayRomLit is going to be in Albuquerque next year. Is there a thriving underground gay scene there or something?!
More GayRomLit Posts (these are varying degrees of NSFW, so beware)
- If you missed the first part of this list last week…
- Devon Rhodes: Day Two, Days Three and Four
- Kassa: swag, meeting authors
- Rarely Dusty Books After Party: Rachel Haimowitz, Leontine, Cat Grant, Tracy and Kris, Bryl R. Tyne
- Jambrea Jo Jones: Day Three, Days Four & Five
“I’m much, much cuter than the big kitty! So there.” -Mayhem